Daughter of Artemis 20

<>Chapter 20<>

I was awoken with a start. Something was ringing and something, more like someone, was screaming. After what seemed like a few minutes, my eyes and ears came used to what was around me. I could see Clarisse towering over me, a frantic and panicked look on her face. Soon, I realized the ringing was an alarm. I was being shaken, and I saw that it was Clarisse shaking me. I closed my eyes again. Something came across my face, making my cheek sting.

I sat up, bumping heads with Clarisse. "Ouch," I muttered rubbing my head.

"Sylvia, we gotta go! Now! Hurry, hurry! Come on!" she shouted, yanking at me. It was unexpected so I fell on the floor with my legs tangled in the sheets.

"Clarisse, Clarisse, chill out. What's wrong?" I asked, looking up. But she didn't need to answer that. I quickly worked my legs out of the sheets, but it was hard. Clarisse stood there waiting for me. I stopped for a second.

"Clarisse, the bags," I said, pointing to our book bags. She nodded and went to fetch them. I wiggled my legs around as the heat started making me sweat really hard. One leg was loose when Clarisse came back and dropped my bag in front of me. Finally I got the other leg out. I was now half hanging off the bed.

The loud crack made me and Clarisse look up. The burning ceiling cracked, a piece about the fall on Clarisse. She was dazed and didn't look down or move. My bag, which had my bow and useful things, was about an arm length away. So was Clarisse. I had two options: Save Clarisse or save my bag. Obviously, I chose my bag.

<><><>

Lol just kidding.

<><><>

I looked at her, then at my bag, then at the ceiling. Something was very warm by my leg so I looked back there. Fire was spreading across my blanket. The huge crack brought my attention back to Clarisse and my bag. The ceiling was falling, so I made one stupid move. I dived.

My arm hit Clarisse's leg which knocked her over and out of the way, while my other arm reached for my bag. I got hold of it, and dragged it. Something was burning. It was all so quick, I yanked the bag with a loud scream as the sizzling of burning flesh was heard on my leg. The ceiling crashed onto the floor, which then made a huge hole. I watched it as Clarisse tore the blanket off me. She patted my leg trying to get the fire out. I screamed out in pain, tears escaping my eyes and pouring down my ash-covered face.

The ceiling had gone through the second floor too, making it down to the bottom. The dust soon cleared out, and there stood our hero, Conner.

He looked up and saw my face. He looked panicked, and a huge gash on his face was bleeding. "Jump down!" I heard him yell.

"Clarisse," I spoke, wincing out how broken my voice sounded. She walked over and knelt to look through the hole. Conner and Percy were standing there now, with their arms outstretched.

"They expect me to jump?" she asked. My eyes flickered to the door that had been blocked by a fallen beam. She sighed, and sat on the edge of the hole. I could see her left forearm was cut. I touched it gently and she shook it off before jumping down. The boys caught her, noticing her cut and being careful not to hurt her.

They waited for me now. I threw my bag down, and they caught it. They moved it aside, waiting for me to come. I shook my head, tears falling down my face. I looked up as I saw the whole ceiling was about to come down. "Sylvia, come on! The place is about to collapse!" Percy yelled, impatient. I shook my head and tried my best to yell.

"I can't!" I said, my voice barely audible. But they somehow heard me. "You can!" Conner said. I could really use that gut feeling right about now. The ceiling broke loose, and with a loud grunt and a hard, painful push, I fell through the hole.

<><><>

<>Clarisse's P.O.V<>

Once I was out of Conner's and Percy's arms, I checked my forearm. I hadn't even realized it was cut until Sylvia pointed it out. Speaking of Sylvia, she saved my life. I turned around just in time to see a limp body fall into the boy's arms. She was unconscious.

No one was moving and I could hear the ceiling crashing. "Move, move, move!" I shouted, grabbing Sylvia's bag and shoving Annabeth and Amber. We all started running towards the doors when a cry for help broke out. Everyone stopped, but I knew our time was limited. "Go!" I shouted, tossing Annabeth Sylvia's bag.

They ran through the door and out of the building. The cry of help sounded throughout the room again. It came from behind the desk, that was blocked by a large table. I leaned over the counter to find the receptionist. A relieved look came across her face. "Please help me," she said.

I reached over an dragged her up and over the desk. Her ankle was twisted so I knew she had broken it. I lifted her up with all my might, and flung her over my shoulder. The ceiling was on the very first floor now, and the back of the room started to crash.

I ran as fast as I could towards the doors, and dived through them flinging the lady away from the building and landing on my stomach. Everyone ducked down, as the smoke and ashes blew out everywhere.

<><><><><>

And that's that people. CLIFFHANGERRRR.

Sorry it's a really, REALLY bad one this time.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I really liked how I did Clarisse's P.O.V in this chapter. I just thought that was pretty cool. But here's the question:

What's gonna happen to everyone? Oooohhh

Lol so this was my big idea over break and it actually took me a while to get it all planned out. A lot of things were happening in this chapter so it was hard to get it right.

Anyways, I think it turned out fine. If you don't think so, well, that's your opinion and I respect it. I try to do what you guys want me to do but sometimes I forget and I put my own ideas in.

All in all I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and...

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

I can already tell 2014 will be interesting, as it is every year. I hope you made some good resolutions, and maybe accomplish them.

Mine was that I wasn't gonna eat so much. HA! Like that'll happen!

Wow, that was a long author's note lol. Well, tell me what your resolution was in the comments, and have a wonderful day/night!