Daughter of Artemis 22 <>Ice<>

<>Chapter 22<>

It's quite weird to think that we'd be getting our own elements of power. It's been, say two weeks since we've found out about the stones. We learned some brief history about them.

Legend says that these minor gods called "The Eight Ones" discovered the way for mankind to have elemental powers. They collected eight stones from a holy site, one of the most hidden springs from another world. These stones were said to have magical powers. Once a spell was cast on a stone, it would stay there forever until someone claimed the power. They had to touch the stone. It's simple, really. It almost seemed too simple but whatever. Anyways, whoever touched the stone first would collect the power. It could've been any spell but "The Eight Ones" chose elements and logic. They cast a spell on eight stones, which then became the "Eight Holy Stones of Element and Logic." The stones were hidden throughout the United States and one in Olympus.

What confused me though is that the moon never told me about stones being part of the prophecy. Was it like a puzzle that I was supposed to figure out? It must be. The moon knew I'd eventually figure it out so... guess it just didn't tell me. (A.N. Btw guys, Sylvia doesn't know about Delphi so she thinks the moon tells the prophecies.)

So far, we've made it out of California. We're at the edge of Utah. Also, we've camped pretty much right below the Rocky Mountains. Now we just needed to figure out which resort the ice stone was at.

We'd found a book that had a list of all the resorts in the Rocky Mountains. So far, nothing. No one has spotted anything that would signal a powerful ice stone from ancient times that humans don't even know about. Makes sense I guess. We found names like "Sky Touching Inn" or "Snowy Landscape Resorts." Nothing.

To be honest, everyone was looking for the resort except me. I had been leaning against a tree the whole time thinking.

I thought back to my encounter with Medusa. I remember she said the words, "You're her." Who is 'her?' Who am I as to be so important that everyone wants to kill me? What did she mean I'm 'her?' For now I just assumed she meant I was the only daughter of Artemis. I still had a feeling that's not what she meant but it's the best guess I've got.

I heard a twig snap beside me. I jumped and grabbed my bow that had been strapped to my back. I quickly loaded the arrow and aimed towards the direction of the sound. There stood Connor with his hands up.

I relaxed and set my bow down. "Sorry," I apologized and pushed the hair out of my face. "Guess I'm a bit jumpy," I said. He smiled, as if to say its ok.

We were silent for a while. "Um, did you need something?" I asked, tucking a loose piece of hair behind my ear. Connor stopped my hand and moved the hair for me. I smiled and blushed a little.

"I got bored after everyone stopped looking for the resort. Now they're bombarding Amber with questions about who she is, where she came from, if she knows who her god-parent is," he explained. A worried expression came across my face.

"They stopped looking? Why?! Is Amber alright with the questions they're asking? Oh, I hope she's fine. But we can't stop looking, we must find-" Connor cut me off.

"Chill Sylvia! First off, Amber's ok. She's actually enjoying the attention I think." We both turned to look at Amber who was happily sitting with everyone. "Second, we stopped looking because we got bored and wanted a break. We've been looking for hours."

I stared at him, open-mouthed. "We can't take a break! We've got my mother to save an-and the stones to collect, and who knows, perhaps my mother is hurting right now! She could be dying for all we know!" I shouted. Connor had an amused look on his face. I punched him in the chest.

A pained expression crossed his features as he rubbed his chest where I hit him. "This isn't funny, Connor!" I said trying to hold back my own laugh at his face. He was laughing so it was hard not to. A smile slipped through my lips and I laughed with him.

Suddenly I was gasping for air, trying to control my laughter. I lost my balance, and slammed against Connor. He fell backwards, not ready for the impact. We ended up rolling down a hill into a small pond. We landed right in it, me slipping off Connor and tumbling deeper into the water.

The water got into my throat, and that's when I started swimming upwards. I realized I didn't have to though. I just sat up, and from my ribs up I was out of water. I looked for Connor who then came up out of the water right beside me. He looked at me with wide eyes.

We heard a voice yell. "You guys okay?" It sounded like Percy. I giggled.

"We're fine," I replied. And with that, me and Connor were back to laughing our heads off. Finally our laughter died out as we just stared at each other with a smile on our faces.

As our smiles faded slowly, our heads started to lean closer. His eyes flickered down to my lips then back up. I got this tingly feeling in my stomach, which I strangely liked, but disliked. As our lips neared, the feeling got stronger.

I could smell his cologne. It smelled minty. Our lips almost connected when there was a splash beside us. I squealed and hid under Connor. He laughed at me and pulled me back out. A frog had jumped out of the pond. I looked at it, then to Connor, then back at it. I shivered as a breeze flew through the air.

"Hermes," Connor said. I stared at him. He looked at me before turning his head away, embarrassed. We almost kissed. . . "Here let's get out of the water. Weather's getting colder by the second." I thanked him as he helped me up. He offered me his jacket as soon as we were out if the water. I wrapped it around myself tightly and tugged on it.

We started trudging back up the hill in silence. Once we reached the top I was surprised to see a fire going. I quickly ran over to it and sat right in front of it. "Ah..." I exhaled loudly as the heat surrounded me. Someone sat next to me and out their arm around me. It was Connor. I snuggled into him.

I felt safer under his arm, like no one could get to me or hurt me. I think I'm starting to develop feelings for Connor. I don't know if that's a good thing, or bad thing. Guess we'll find out soon enough. Before I knew it, I was drifting off to sleep. I thought as the darkness consumed me, "I'll get you mom. No matter what it takes."

<><><><><>

Ha! Yayayayayay! I finally stuck to my promise! Lol I said I'd update in between Thursday and Sunday and tada, I did! I feel so accomplished!

Well I hope you enjoyed this short chapter. I decided to do a bit of Connylvia. I don't know if that should be Sylvia's and Conner's relationship name but oh well. If you have a better idea, please comment below. Also, just so guys know, I don't plan out the timing at all in this book. xD I don't really know how long it'd take to get from California to Utah so I just put two weeks. :/

That's it for now so, good morning, good afternoon, or goodnight where ever you are. Byee!