Daughter of Artemis 16

Media: Amber
<>Chapter 16<>

Once I got back to the camp, I expected everyone to be awake and ready to yell at me. Instead, I only saw Travis quietly slipping back into his sleeping bag. I wanted so badly to tell him to stay awake but I couldn't get myself to do so. I took a deep breath and shouted out, "GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP ITS MORNING UP UP UP UP UP UP!"

Groans and stifled laughs were heard as I smacked everyone. "EAT YOUR FOOD, DRINK YOUR DRINKS AND PACK YOUR BAGS! WE'RE HEADING TO HOLLYWOOD BABY!" I screamed out again. "Who made you the alarm clock?" Grover yawned.

I did a little gasp before saying, "You did." I poked him on the nose smiling. I looked over and found Clarisse staring at me funny. She knew I was acting TOO happy. I avoided her gaze and walked over to my backpack. I took out yet another granola bar and some water. After we all ate I gathered us into a group circle.

"Ok, so the plan is still on. We go to Hollywood, take my mother secretly while not letting Hades get my bow, and sneak out," I tell everyone. Everyone nodded, even sleepy Tyson. He rubbed his big eye before collapsing on the ground. "No more walking," he whined. "Man up," I tell him playfully.

Soon we were all walking again. I need to stop saying things like I'm narrator smurf. I didn't know what to expect on the journey. Possibly more monsters, and I hope no more demigods. Speaking of new demigods, I never found out about the girl. She was walking all the way behind us. I waited for her while the rest of the group continued. Her head was facing down. I don't think she even noticed me until she saw my foot. She looked up, scared.

Then she gasped. I frowned, and slowly put my hand on her shoulder. "Y-you're the one who saved me," she said, eyes wide. I nodded smiling weakly. "Thank y-you." She smiled. "No problem. You're with us now. You're part of the group," I told her. Her eyes brightened a little.

"What was that thing though?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowed. "A giant," I said. She looked at me surprised. "I thought that was like mythology," she said shaking her head. "At first, I didn't believe it either. But the gods and goddesses of Olympus are real, including almost anything you'd find in Greek mythology," I explained to her. She seemed pretty fascinated. I have to stop calling her "she."

"What's your name?" I asked."A-Amber," she said shyly. This, Amber, was so easy to read. "Well, Amber, it's a pleasure to have you as part of my crew." I smiled down on her. She seemed so small, so fragile. I wonder how she didn't break any bones. "Hey slow pokes, hurry up!" Percy yelled. "Hey now, that's the captain you're speaking to," Annabeth giggled.

"Yea mate, you don' want to have to walk da plank, do ya?" Conner said laughing. "Oh no, not with those nasty sharks down dere." Percy smiled while pointing at Clarisse.

I shook my head as they continued to bicker. Amber was laughing hysterically beside me. In fact, she was laughing so hard her face was literally like a tomato.

I thought that this journey was actually a pretty good one considering none of us have died. Or at least permanently.We were all laughing until 3 ugly creatures jumped out of the bushes in front if us. I quickly shielded Amber. I still didn't have my bow with me, so I dug out a knife. And another knife. One of the three stood out. She had snake hair, and a snake body. I realized who it was. Medusa and her two sisters: Euryale and Stheno.

<><><><><>

Hey! Ho! I finally updated! Lol well I'm like exhausted so really no comment or anything haha goodnight.