Daughter of Artemis 23

"Three places that we should check: The Crowned Ice Jewel, Jagged Rock, and Magic Ice. They're the closest names we could find to match an 'ice stone.'" Clarisse shoved the book in my face. I glared up at her. Everyone had gotten me up exceptionally early, and trust me when I say this, I am not a morning person.

As I flipped through the page I looked up every description of the places. After a good 15 minutes, I decided "The Crowned Ice Jewel" sounded like the best place to look. Of course, I had to look up directions and fortunately, it was pretty close. We only had to hike over the mountain!

I told everyone to get up, eat, drink, change, and pack up because we've got yet another journey on our hands. About a half hour later we were done and on our way. But, before we headed up, I remembered something. "Guys!" I yelled, stopping everyone.

They turned and looked at me. "We are not prepared to go up into a mountain, let alone the Rocky Mountains," I said. Travis looked at me funny.

"It's the middle of fall. It's not going to be freezing," he said. I scoffed.

"Obviously you've never been hiking. It will be cold up there, no matter what the season. Why do you think the resorts are still open in the summer?" I pointed out. He thought about it then lowered his head.

It was silent for a while before Clarisse spoke up. "What do we do then?"

I shrugged. "I actually don't know why we stopped. I don't know what we could do about the cold except for bear it," I said. Clarisse face-palmed.

"Let's get going then," she said. We continued out path upward. The air became chillier with every second. I was forced to take my hair out of the braid it was in, only to keep my ears warm. It's fall so of course it's even colder. I looked down below me only to find we've traveled up quite a bit. My breathing got faster, more jagged. My eyes jumped all over the place, my hand clinging onto the ground for support.

"Hey, Sylvia, you doing okay?" someone asked. I shook my head yes, then no, and then yes again. I swallowed the fear and spoke.

"I-I'm fine. W-We should go. Keep moving," I stammered. I started to walk up even though my knees were about to fall out from under me. A hand extended out towards me. I didn't care who's it was, I grabbed it.

Turns out, the hand was Annabeth's. "Fear of heights?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Fear of falling," I replied. She chuckled and put and arm around me. We climbed up together for a long time until we decided to take a quick break.

I yelled, "Let's take a break shall we?" I was responded to with moans of joy. We found a flat area to rest on. Me being stupid, I looked down again. Shivers crept up my spine at the sight of how high we were.

Do not be afraid, child. Right. Don't be afraid. You've got this Sylvia. Don't be afraid. Someone took my hand and this time they rubbed my back. They ushered me away from the edge, back to the spot closest to a wall. Instantly, Connor was beside me with his arm resting on my shoulders.

I smiled gratefully up at him, which he returned. We sat there for maybe an hour when something rustled in the bush beside us. A loud groan, another rustle. Oh dear gods, not now! Unfortunately, it was true. Another monster to fight. Only this time, I had a very uneasy feeling.

<><><><><>

HOLY FUDGEPOOP ON A BANANA STICK! I'M SO SORRY GUYS! I REALLY AM! IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO UPDATE! I'M MAD AT MYSELF.

I'm super duper duper sorry about not updating for like a month. But I've been pretty busy with school. I'm sort of involved with a boy and I'm in a whole bunch of drama and schoolwork has been nagging me and I'm being totally honest, I've been a lazy butt.

Again, I'm so so so so sorry about not updating. I'll try to update more often. Please don't get mad. :((( Then I'd lose one of my friends.

I feel like crap guys I'm sorry. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I couldn't get any ideas and I feel that my writing skills lacked in this chapter. Please tell me what you think in the comments. :) It really motivates me when you guys do that. Also, thank you for continuously checking out my other book. You guys rock.

Ok, sorry about the long author's note. One last time, I'm very sorry. Ok, that's all I had to say. So again, I'll try to update more often. Stay with me please! :) Love you all. Stay awesome!