Chapter 7

****Devin’s POV****

Once I’m at the cave, all the memories from earlier that day come flooding back. Me punching Katie, Demi running after me, I remember the look on Demi’s face; the look of disappointment, and anger. I could tell just by her voice she was really pissed off at me.

Remembering the memories, I break down into sobs. I rock back and for the on the cold hard, floor of the cave.

“Devin?” I recognized the voice as Reed’s; I turn around for a quick second but go right back to my position.

“Go away Reed. I don’t want you here” I say in between sobs with my voice cracking.

“Devin, I just want to-” he says moving towards me.

“Reed, I said leave me alone, and get the fuck away from me” I cut him off getting angrier.

“Devin.”

“NO REED JUST GO!! AND LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE FROM NOW ON” I snap, screaming at him.

After my fit, I just breakdown in tears. I didn’t even mean to snap

****Demi’s POV****

 “NO REED JUST GO!! AND LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE FROM NOW ON” I hear Devin scream.

I instantly fit through the hole, and run towards the cave. I know Reed told me to stay back, but by the sound of it, t is not going well.

When I reach the cave, I signal for Reed to come over to me. Making sure Devin doesn’t see me.

“What happened?” I asked

“I honestly have no clue, I just went in there and she asked me to leave, I wanted to talk to her but then she screamed at me. I just wish I’d known what I’d done to make her” he says looking down at the ground.

“Reed, I’m not sure if you know exactly what s going on with Devin, but I can tell you I know she didn’t mean it. She talks about you a lot.”

****Reed’s POV****

“Actually Demi, I have known about Devin’s issues for a while now” I responded.

“When and how did you find out, and why didn’t you tell anyone?”  I could tell that she was furious at me. She had every right to be though.

“It was sometime last year, when we were sophomores; I went over to her house to study some math with her. Math is her hardest subject, and I know it is hard with her ADHD, so I try to help her in any way I can.”

“Math has always been hard for her; I could never really help her either” Demi replies.

“Well any ways, your mom opened the door, and told me to go up to Devin’s room, which I did, I usually knock on her door, cause it’s always locked. On that day it was open so I didn’t knock, and I guess she forgot to lock the door because when I walked in, I caught her in the middle of harming herself.”

*Flashback*

I walk into her room to see her in the corner of her room. At first I don’t say anything, but then I see that she is crying, well more like sobbing, I think I hear her mutter something, but I am not sure.

She doesn’t even notice I am standing in her doorway.

Instead of saying anything I carefully and silently creep up behind her. Once I am over her, I see something that shocks me: I see Devin holding a blade to her already bloodied wrist. Before she even knows I am there I quickly swipe the blade from her. She turns around, and looks at me terrified, knowing I now knew her deepest secret even her family didn’t know.