Chapter 4

I'm sorry if it's not much but I wanted to give you something to read in the meantime.

****Devin’s POV****

*Beep Beep Beep*

     Ugh. School. I already missed too many days this year. I roll out of bed and stretch. I walk over to my closet and pick out some jeans, an old graphic tee, and my favorite hoodie, which is for my bowling team. It has a bowling ball logo and Divison A champions written on it. On the back it says “Lovato” written across it with the number 9. For some reason #9 is my favorite number. It’s the number my favorite quarterback, Drew Brees wears.

“Do you want to eat breakfast today” I hear Mom scream from downstairs.

“Nah” I reply, Fearing I may gain weight

“I get how hard it is to eat, I know, but you really need to eat” Demi said standing in my doorway.

“Demi I can’t eat and frankly I don’t want to eat” I reply in an annoyed tone.

“What about an apple or something small?” She asks hopefully.

“Nope.”

“Dev, Come-”

“No and I’m going to be late for school.” I said cutting her off as I am leaving my bedroom.

     Demi walks over and gives me a big hug, squeezing me tight. “Have a good day and please try to eat at lunch” she says cheerfully. “If it will make you happy, I will try to eat, but I’m making no promises.”

     I go to the counter and take my medicine for my Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Which basically means I can have a lot of energy, and a little jittery. I also have trouble focusing on things. I absolutely hate the fact that I have ADHD, and in order to control it I have to take medicine. Even though I have it I have above average grades.

“Bye Mom, Bye Dem, Bye Eddie” I yell while I grab my car keys off the hook.

     I walk up to the garage and punch in the key code. The garage door opens and I get in my car and start it up. While I’m driving to school, I notice that the gas light comes on. Great I need gas. I pull into my favorite parking space; a direct line from my first and last class.

    “Hey Reed” I say as he pulls his car up next to mine.

“Hey Devin. I heard Demi’s home for a while.”

“Yeah.” I reply not so happily.

“You don’t seem too excited”

“I am but she already found out about my issues and she already wants me to eat.”

“Devin” He said as he took my hands and stared into my eyes. “I wish you could see how beautiful you are. I understand it may be hard at first but please please try to. I want to see you get better, I really do. Devin I care for you a lot and it hurts me to see you like this. Please think about recovering. Ok?”

________________________________________________________________________________

Sort of a cliffhanger.

I felt bad for not updating on time so here is something. More will happening soon. Maybe some drama at school or at bowling practice? On a lighter note 150 READS?!?! That’s really awesome. Thank you for reading this. As usual feel free to vote, comment , and subscribe.

Next Update: Monday

~Courtney