Chapter 14

****Devin's POV****

**BEEP BEEP BEEP**

I wake up as soon as my alarm goes off. I put on sweatpants and a hoodie knowing that we would be on the plane for a few hours. I go into the bathroom and put my glasses on. I never usually wear my glasses unless it's a do nothing kind of day.

I finish packing what little I have to pack and make sure both Maddie and Demi are awake. By now, the entire family is awake. I throw all of my luggage down the stairs screaming "Incoming".  

"Girls you have to get going or you will miss your flight." Mom was screaming, Dad was packing us little 'on-the-go' breakfast. "Your breakfast is on the counter, eat it when you get to the airport." I grab the cup full of yogurt, and granola. I know I should probably eat it, but I take it and just throw it out.

I look around at my room one last time. I am so glad to be leaving this place. While there are good memories here, the majority of them are bad. I walk by Maddie's room only to hear faint sobs. "Hey Mads, you ok?" I say as I knock on her door. "Yeah. I'm fine." Right then I knew she wasn't fine. "I'm coming in." Before she could protest, I was already in her room. I see Maddie curled up in her bed, back turned, with her face in her hands. Her body shaking from the sobs.

It breaks my heart to see my baby sister like this. I go and curl up next to her putting my arm around her. "Mads, what's wrong?" She cuddles into the crook of my arm and sniffles. "I'm scared. I'm going to be in a new place, with only you and Demi. I won't have any friends; I'll have to go to a new school." I felt her pain, knowing that I am going to have to leave this life behind. "It'll be ok Maddie, we're in this together, and I'm pretty sure Bea is living in LA now. You'll have her. I'm sure you'll make friends quickly. This is a new start for both of us." I could tell that Maddie was still scared, but we had to get ready to leave. "We got to go or we are not gonna be on the plane."

I helped Maddie clean up, and put her luggage in the van. Demi decided not to bring Max along, as she was on break.

I go back into the house where the rest of the family is gathered. I know that this is goodbye. I know that this is the last time I will see my parents for a while.

I overhear Demi talking to Mom about my situation, but also one more comment "Keep an eye on Maddie too, she's been acting weird". Could it be that Maddie is also having issues? I hope not she's too young and innocent. I see Demi nod and hug Mom.

I go up to Dallas and say goodbye while giving her a big hug. As I was about to pull away she pulls me back in and whispers in my ear, "I know you can do it Kiddo, stay strong". She gives me one last squeeze, and lets me go. I walk towards my parents, and as I do so, I start tearing up. It finally hit me that I am moving away from Texas, my home, a place I've lived in for my entire life.

I move onto both of my parents who hug me together. They both whisper encouraging words in my ears.

"You ready kiddo?" Demi asks. Inside I know I am not, and I will never be ready to leave, but I know its for the better.

Maddie, Demi and I all leave the house and get into the van where Max was sitting. We all get into the van and start driving off, with our house getting smaller and smaller in the distance.

As soon as our house was gone, Maddie started to cry. I comforted her as much as I could as we were in tight quarters. Demi reaches back and grabs her hand rubbing circles into the back of her hand.

A short while later we arrive at the airport, where pure chaos ensues. Max tries to ward of the fans, however there were just too many. Maddie and I get separated from Demi, who disappeared in the sea of Lovatics. Maddie and I took the opportunity to run and hide for a while, until one Lovatic ruined our peace by screaming "OH MY GOD, IT'S MADDIE DE LA GARZA AND DEVIN LOVATO". At that point we figured it would be best to run and get away from the mob of fans chasing after us. We rush into security and they push us through immediately, leaving the fans behind. After wandering around for a while, we decide to call Demi and see if she made it out alive.

Demi: Where are you guys?!? You left me and I got mobbed by fans

Us: So did we! You forget we are your sisters, and we have to deal with it too. We are just passed security and chilling in Starbucks.

Demi: I'm on my way there, stay put and I will be there in a couple minutes.

Us: Ok.

We waited a minute for Demi until she showed up and when she did she gave us the biggest hug. "Please never leave again, you had me so worried". Her grip on us got increasingly tighter and we eventually pulled out of the hug. "It was only a half hour and it was just your fans. What's the worse that could happen." Without answering she holds up her hair extensions that are detached from her hair. Both Maddie and I burst into laughter nearly crying.

"We have to go or we will miss our flight." Max says. We follow Max to our gate where we were immediately boarded onto the plane. We wait for the rest of the passengers to board the plane and the flight attendant to say "Welcome to Jet Blue flight 3989, heading from Dallas, Texas to Los Angeles, California. Please remain seated as we will be going through the safety procedures in just a moment".

__________________________________________________________________

There is finally a chapter 14!!! I hope everyone still reads this even though I am really shitty with updating. Vote, comment, share this. Remember you can leave feedback on any of my social media, which I really hope you use to connect with me further. 

Twitter: Kid_Koko

Tumblr: Kid-Koko

                                                                                                                                              ~Courtney