Chapter 18

*****Devin's POV*****

After we said grace, I looked down at the amount of food that was on my plate. Instantly, I started to panic. Don't eat that. Youre only going to get fatter. Thats all Demi wants to do, is just get you fat. Once she does that she going to leave you. Not being able to handle the voices that are haunting my every thought, I get up from the table and run up the stairs to my room. I desperately search my luggage for a blade, or scissors, just anything to help.

After tearing my luggage apart, I realize that they're gone. "Youre not going to find anything" I turn and look at the doorway, where Demi is now standing. "I went through your luggage earlier. I took all of the blades, scissors, and anything sharp". I let out a groan while collapsing to the ground. Immediately, I get back up as anger and rage fill my body. "Why'd you do that? Huh? You had no right. They're mine" I shouted. I could feel myself getting angrier and angrier. "Dev, calm down" she said. "Don't tell me to calm down. Im fine. I want them NOW" I say as I approach her. "Devin," she says while reaching for me "Can you try to calm down". "NO, now stop asking" I step forward and push her. "Maddie" she yells. Maddie comes running up the stairs to help Demi. Both of them are approaching me "Get away from me. Both of you now". Demi was the closest and to get away I push her as hard as I can.

Maddie tries to catch her but she stumbles backwards, and falls down the stairs. I run down the stairs to Demi's side. She lay motionless, with her left leg twisted in a position it shouldn't be in. Maddie comes up to her side as well, but she pushes me off to the side saying "Haven't you done enough?". She's right. I did enough; because of me, my sister could be dead. "Devin, can you call 911? She's unconscious" I pull out my phone and call 911

911: 911 What is your emergency?

Devin: My sister fell down the stairs and she's unconscious.

911: Is she breathing?

I look over at Maddie and ask "Is she breathing?" Maddie nods her head

Devin: Yes she is.

911: What is your address?

Devin : 1009 Olive Lane

911: We have sent an ambulance. Are you ok or would you like me to stay on the line?

Devin: I think we are good. Thank you!

I hang up the phone and sit down by Demi. "Devin?" I hear a voice, that I recognize immediately as Demi's. You're awake. She tries to get up, but I tell her to not move. "The paramedics will be here soon. In the meantime just stay put". "Ok" she responds. The next thing I know, the ambulance arrives and the paramedics come rushing in. They load Demi up on to the stretcher, being careful to not move her neck. The paramedic came up to Maddie and I and said "I can bring one adult into the ambulance, are either of you 18?". We answered truthfully and said we are not 18. The paramedic sighed and replied "Sorry girls, I can't take either of you then. The name of the hospital is LA General. Do you have a friend you can call that can watch you, or bring you to the hospital?" I nod, knowing that I could call Marissa. "Yeah, we have a family friend that is in town." The paramedic waves an officer over. The officer is really muscular with tousled brown hair.

"Girls, this is Officer Potter (A/N: I am watching #HarryPotterForever while writing). He will be sitting with you until your friend can show up". The Paramedic walks back to the ambulance Officer Potter comes up and shakes both of our hands. "Do you want to call your friend now?" I nod and pull out my phone. I look through my contacts to find Marissa's number. I wait for her to pick up.

Marissa: Hey Dev! Whats up?

Devin: Could you drive Maddie and I to LA General?

Marissa: Why?

Devin: Demi fell down the stairs, and she had to go by ambulance.

Marissa: Yeah. I will be right over.

Devin: Thanks Mar.

I hang up the phone and tell Officer Potter that our friend is on the way. "May I have a name?" he asks politely. "Yeah. Its Marissa Callahan". I spell out her name while the officer writes it down on his pad. "I have to wait with you girls until uh" he looks down at his pad "Marissa arrives". "Ok. You can take a seat on one of the couches if you'd like. Can we get you any coffee, or a snack?" He debates the idea for a quick minute before deciding that he would like a coffee. "Iced or regular?" He looks impressed before saying "regular is fine". Maddie and I go into the kitchen to make his coffee. "He is so hot" Maddie says as she crosses her hands over her heart in an overly dramatic way. "Just so you girls know I am married". Maddie looks at me with horror written across her face. I start laughing hysterically, while Maddie turns red. "Here, why don't you go hand the hot officer, his hot coffee". I heard Officer Potter chuckle from the living room.
We wait for a while, making small talk with Officer Potter, until Mar arrives.

"So what do you girls like to do?" he asks

"Well I bowl" I exclaim proudly. Madde rolls her eyes knowing that I will not stop talking about bowling any time soon. He chuckles and replies "Huh, I bowl too, at Strikin' it up". "Wheres that?" I ask, not knowing the area very well. "Its right near here actually, on Renegade Boulevard". I nod "Hmm, maybe I will check those lanes out soon". We keep talking about bowling while Maddie, who is obviously bored, is checking her phone.

Next thing we know, Marissa comes running in the door, and embracing us in a hug. "How are you guys holding up?" We both nod and say we're fine.The Officer steps forward and says " 'scuse me ma'am, but I have to see some identification before I can release these girls into your custody". Without saying a word, Mar pulls out her driver's license and hands it to him. "Alright, Marissa, you're all good". He hands Marissa's license back to her. "Bye girls" Officer Potter says as he leaves.

"Lets go girls". Marissa says as she walks towards the front door. We both climb into the car, and start the ride to the hospital.
______________________________________
There's Chapter 18. Long update this time. Updates from now on will ve about 700-800 words, give or take. I'm writing as much as I want to. I'm going to try and write more. For the next update I want 10 votes and 3 comments.

Follow me on Social media. I post A LOT of ADHD Stuff.
Twitter: Kid_Koko
Tumblr: Kid-Koko