Chapter 17

****Devin's POV****

I sit down on the recliner, and Maddie follows and sits right on my lap. Before I could protest, she laid across my lap with her feet hanging off of the edge of the chair. "Maddie get off of her now, this is serious. Now both of you stop screwing around and listen". We instantly stop knowing that we shouldnt push our luck anymore today. Demi was mad. She rarely gets mad at us, but I could tell she was pissed. I would be too if my younger sisters crashed a golf cart, and put a giant dent in my car. "Listen up, these are the rules. First listen to me like I am your parent. Mom may not be here, and I may be your sister, but I am in charge of you, and your well being". Maddie lets out a chuckle and Demi gives her a death glare. "Wow Dems, if looks could kill" I say with a small laugh. "Secondly" she says emphasizing the word, "There will be no fighting. Third, no one can come over without my permission". I look over at Maddie, while rolling my eyes. Thankfully Demi didn't see me do that. "So no parties when you're gone?" I joke. "Haha, Dev. Next rule" she continues "Use common sense, just because I didn't list a rule, doesn't mean you can do it". Growing impatient and bored,I ask "Is that all?" Demi responds "Nope". I let out a groan. "Devin, you have a few rules of your own". I give out another groan. "First, you will eat everything on your plate. I will plate your food. You also will not go to the bathroom for two hours after you eat, I will make sure of that. Second, when you are in your room the door will be open. Third, you will tell me everything, and you have to come to when you're struggling. Youre going to have to let me in, that's the only way I'm going to be able to help you". I knew that this wasn't going to be an easy thing, but it will be worth it.

I look over at Maddie who is getting really uncomfortable. She has her head down and is playing with the many bracelets on her arm. Demi caught on and is now staring at Maddie as well. Demi looks up at me and mouths "not now". I just nod my head back.

Demi says "I think thats all. Im going to start dinner now. Do you want to help me Devin?" Knowing what she was getting at, I got up to help her. Maddie just went back up to her room. "What do you want to eat Devin?" Thinking for a moment I reply "A salad". Demi sighs and replies back "How about no. What about chicken with spinach?". Knowing that I would actually have to eat something, I just shrugged my shoulders. Demi turns to me and says "What do you think is going on with Mads?" Thinking back, Maddie has been acting just fine. Nothing of concern. "I think shes fine Dem, she hasn't been acting strange or anything". "What about earlier?" she questions. "I think she was just a little uncomfortable. It is her time of the month". Demi turns toward me shocked "How do you know that? And are you sure?" Scoffing, I reply "Yeah. We are the dynamic duo. We know everything about each other". Demi looking reassured, just goes with it "There's no need to talk with her?". Knowing Maddie as well as I do, I know she is just fine. "No there isn't" I reply. "Speaking of the time of the month, do you still get yours?" Demi asks. Feeling awkward, I respond honestly, "No, I haven't had it in some time". Demi just lets out a sigh. Realizing what had just happened, I ask "I've gone to far, haven't I?" Demi just lets out a weak "yeah", while nodding.

I finish cooking the chicken, and Demi cooked the spinach. When that is done, she gets the plates out and starts to plate our dinner. "Maddie, dinner is done", I scream up the stairs. Next thing I know, she is barreling down the stairs. Demi was setting the plates on the table, while Maddie and I were washing our hands. We all sat down at the table and said a prayer.
___________________________
Chapter 17 is done. I am on a roll with this updating thing. This chapter is a bit smaller, but again it's another filler. Drama will be soon. I do plan to end the book at Chapter 20. There will be a sequel, so don't panic. A big thank-you to SelemiObsession is needed.