Chapter 27

The following day Alex arose from her slumber and realized she had slept through the whole night. Liam must have gotten up with Jaiden throughout the night. She smelt chicken cooking so she quickly got up and went into the bathroom and took a soothing hot shower, washing her little hair with vanilla and lavender shampoo and scrubbed her body with her lavender body wash. She got out after thoroughly rinsing off. She left the bathroom in just a towel. When she walked out there was a girl sitting on her bed whom she'd never seen before. Alex was scared until she saw the girls eyes. They were the same as Liam's and Chase's. This must be their sister Sasha. She's heard very little about her. Alex felt self conscious in nothing but her towel and practically bald head.

"Your Alex. I don't know what he sees in you, but whatever it is welcome to the family." Sasha said before leaving a stunned Alex behind. Alex didn't know what to think. Alex quickly got dressed in a pink sundress that hung loosely off of her. She left the bedroom and walked into the living room where her beanie was from last night. She quickly picked it up and put it on. She was still the same shy Alex.

When she seen Chase holding Jaiden she got excited and rushed over taking him and cooing him. Talking to him and loving him all the same. She loved him so dearly. She payed no attention to Sasha. Her son was her priority. She's never fed him and wanted to. She's never changed his nappies and wanted to. She wanted to experience it all.

"I see two nurseries. How come?" Sasha asks just as a much older gentleman comes in the room followed by Chase.

"I was supposed to have had twins, but our daughter passed at 20 weeks exactly..." Alex said painfully.

"You killed your daughter than. Wow what a great mom you are." Sasha said bitterly.

"Sasha! How dare you?" Chase and his grandfather hissed. Liam was in the kitchen and didn't hear it.

No one said anything more until Alex quickly left the room, handing Jaiden over to Chase. Alex quickly ran to the pink nursery and locked herself inside. She sobbed holding the ultra sound photo in the room. She sobbed for hours. She tried to be as quiet as possible. She wanted Liam's family to bond with Jaiden. He needed family.

Several hours later she woke up and found it was dark outside. She didn't know the time, but she was thirsty so she got up off the floor and unlocked the door. She walked down the hall and froze everyone was still here. They all turned to look at her. She turned and went in the kitchen and grabbed a glass of pop. She went to go back in the bedroom, but Liam stopped her. He grabbed onto her and held closely pulling her to the living room where grandfather was.

"Alex this is my Grandfather Xavier Allen MacGregory. Grandfather this is Alexandria Melody Stone my fiance and my son's mother." Liam said happily and proudly.

"It's wonderful meeting you again Alex. I remember you when you were so young. What happened to your beautiful long hair that's if you don't mind me asking?" Xavier asked.

"Oh. I have cancer...." Alex trailed off uncomfortably.

"Wait as in Alex Stone the billionaire and you said cancer?" Sasha says paling. She'd made a mistake and upset not only the richest woman alive, but almost her brother's cancer ridden fiance.

"Yeah that's me. I own the empire that everyone wants a piece of. Yes I have cancer. I'm going through treatment now. I had surgery on my brain to take out the tumor. That's part of the reason I lost my little Annabelle..." Alex said quietly willing herself not to cry.

"I'm sorry Alex I didn't know. I'm really sorry for your guys loss. I'm glad you make my brother happy." Sasha said quietly.

"Wow Alex sounds like a lot to be going through at 25." Xavier said.