Learning To Love Again Chapter 9

It was now Friday; date night. We were going to the cinema to watch Titanic 3D. She’d told me on our first date that it was one of her favourite films, so I wanted to surprise her by taking her to see it. I’d bought her some more of her favourite flowers; Roses and Freesias. We’d arranged for me to pick her up at 7.30, so at 7.15, I headed round to her flat. She answered the door in dark blue skinny jeans, a red gypsy top and some very sexy heels. She looked beautiful as always.

“Hi” she whispered, with a smile on her face. She looked so much happier today. A weight seemed to have lifted off her shoulders. “Come in”. 

“Hi” I said, holding out the flowers. “You look nice.” I followed her into the kitchen where she put the flowers into a vase.

“You don’t look too bad yourself” she replied, turning round and eyeing me up. I sniggered and she blushed, turning back to the flowers. “So where are we going tonight?” she asked, curiously.

“We’re going to the cinema”

“Ooh, wha-” she started before I interrupted.

“BUT, I’m not going to tell you what film” I said sneakily.

“Oh, no fair,” she whined, putting on her best pouty face, making me laugh.

We decided to walk to the cinema as it wasn’t too far away from her flat. As we left, she grabbed my hand and held on tightly. She obviously wasn’t very comfortable outside on her own; no wonder she ran off last week, when I kissed her, I probably scared the life out of her. I squeezed her hand back to let her know that she’d be alright and for the rest of the walk there, she never let go of my hand once. It was quite sweet. I liked the feel of her hands against mine, it gave me a nice tingling sensation and I loved it.

“Wait there” I grinned, while I went and got the tickets. Every time I looked around, she’d edged a little closer towards me. “Stay there” I said again “it’s a surprise”. She was impatient. After the fourth time of telling her to wait, she finally stood in one spot while I went and got the tickets.

“TITANIC 3D?” she shouted in glee when I gave her the tickets. She squealed slightly and gave me a hug, nearly choking me.

“You told me you liked it” I commented, when she’d let go and calmed down a little. “It’s your favourite film”. I smiled as she hugged me again.

“Thank you so much” she beamed. “I haven’t been to the cinema in years and… Thank you”.

“No problem” I replied, happy that she was happy. “Let’s go in”.

I spent the whole of the film watching her smile and cry. I wasn’t bothered in the film, but she was happy, so I just sat and watched her. At the end, she looked away from the screen and noticed me watching her.

“How long have you been watching me for? Did you even watch any of the film?” she asked.

“All the film, and nope.” I replied, sheepishly. We stood up and started walking out of the cinema

“so you brought me to watch a film that you didn’t want to watch just because I wanted to watch it?”

“Yep” I said, smiling at her. “Was it any good?” I asked.

“It was brilliant, thank you” she replied hugging me again. “Fancy coming in for a cuppa?” she asked when we reached her flat.

“Sure” I replied. We went inside and she turned round and looked at me. She leant forwards and as her lips touched mine, the tingly feeling came crashing back. She opened her mouth and nibbled my bottom lip. I moaned and pulled away slightly.

“Are you sure?” I asked, cautiously. I didn’t want her to think I was just here to get in her pants and then leave her. She nodded. I kissed her again and we stumbled backwards onto the kitchen table.

“No” I gasped, slightly breathless.

“What?” she asked, before attempting to kiss me again. I pulled away and took a step backwards putting some distance between us.

“Not yet” I said “I don’t want it to be like this. I don’t want a quick fumble. I want it to be special”. I didn’t want to hurt her. She’d been through enough shit for a lifetime; I wanted to prove to her I wasn’t just in it for the sex. Even though that would be a mega bonus!

“Oh…o-ok” she stuttered. She looked gobsmacked. We stood there with an air of awkwardness about us for a few minutes before Payton spoke. “How about we get some coffee and watch a film? We can watch something you want to watch this time” she said, smiling at me.

“Ok,” I replied, walking into the living room and taking a peek through her DVD collection.
I put on Happy Gilmore, an Adam Sandler film and sat down on the sofa next to Payton. She snuggled up to me and within minutes, she’d fallen asleep on me.