Learning To Love Again Chapter 7

PAYTON'S POV

I stepped in my front door, shut the door and stopped. I touched my lips. He’d kissed me. It was the best kiss I’d ever had. It was passionate, yet soft. His lips were warm and moist. It made me want more. I turned round and peeked out the window. I caught a glimpse of him walking away down the street, hands in his pockets, staring at the floor, scuffing his feet. I giggled and went up to bed.

My dream was a horrible one again. I was walking down the street and I felt someone grab my hand. It was Alex. He ripped off my skirt and pants and pushed himself into me. I tried to scream, but nothing came out. The street was full of people walking past us, ignoring us. It was like we were invisible.

My eyes shot open. I was breathing heavily and sweat was pouring down my face. I sighed and looked at the clock. It was only 3:46am. I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom for a shower. I undressed and climbed in. I let the cold water run onto my body. I thought of the previous night I spent with Jackson. I thought about the way he kissed me, and the way I’d felt afterwards. I’d never felt like that before. I got out of the shower, pulled on some joggers and a tank top, went into the kitchen, put the kettle on and sat at the kitchen table. I must have fallen asleep again, because when I woke up, my phone was ringing.  I had a stiff neck and I noticed it was light. I grumbled down the phone to whoever it was.

“So?” it was Mary Jane. “How did it go?” she’s so nosey. I looked at the clock. 9:30.

“Shouldn’t you be at work, rather than thinking about my non-existent love life?” I asked.

“I’m on a break” she retorted. “So, how did it go?”

“It went OK” I smiled. “We had dinner and he walked me home. He brought me chocolates too.” I grinned, turning round to look at the flowers I’d put in a vase last night.

“And that was it?” she sounded shocked.

“Yes, I don’t know why you’re so shocked.” I replied, slightly upset that she’d think anything happened.

“Because I know that’s bollocks!” she laughed. “He’s been here this morning. He told me he kissed you and then you ran off.”

It was my turn to be shocked this time. “He told you?” I asked. I can’t believe he told her.

“Actually, he came looking for you. He’s not in work today. He wants to take you out again. So I’ve given him your number.”

“WHAT?” I shouted down the phone. “Why?”

“I’ve got to go, my break’s over. He’s bloody gorgeous. Have some fun” She said before she hung up.

 I made some jam on toast and sat down to eat it when my phone beeped signalling that I’d received a message. I opened it and read it: 

Good morning, Beautiful Payton. Glad you enjoyed last night. Fancy another one?

I chuckled at the message and replied.

Bit sure of ourself, aren’t we, Jacky Boy J And I’m busy.

I pressed send, threw my phone onto the table and sighed. That wasn’t a lie. I had lots of washing to do, and I wanted to clean the house. A few minutes later, there was a knock at the door. I opened it to find a woman from the local florist stood there with the biggest bunch of flowers I’d ever seen.

“Payton Williams?” she asked, poking her head round the side of them. I nodded, took them from her and shut the door. There were several different colours of roses and freesias.  There was a card:

 Beautiful Payton. I hope your day is as radiant as your smile. X  

I went back into the kitchen, put the flowers in a vase and then grabbed my phone. I just had a feeling…

I know you’re there. Come in.

 I sent the text and went over to the window. Less than a minute later, I saw him turn the corner, looking at his phone and grinning. He looked up at me and blew me a kiss. I laughed and went and opened the door for him.

“Morning, Beautiful” he said, grabbing my hand, pulling me close and kissing me on the cheek.

I pulled away and put the kettle on.

“Make yourself at home” I said, pointing to the living room, “Tea?”

“Yes, please.” He replied and made his way in and sat down. I got out the cups, tea bags and milk and made the teas and when I turned round, I screamed, and dropped the tea all over the floor, smashing the cups. He’d been standing right behind me, watching me.

“Shit, sorry” He apologised, scurrying around the kitchen looking for something to clean it up with.

I ran out of the kitchen into the living room, sat on the sofa with my head in my hands and cried a little. A few minutes later, he came in and sat next to me.

“Forget the tea“. He said as he placed his arm behind my back. “Fancy going out?” He sounded hopeful. I looked up at him, with tears still in my eyes and nodded. I needed to get out the house.

“I’ll just get changed” I sniffed. I looked down at the vest top and joggers I was wearing and noticed there were tea stains down the front.

He turned to look at me and whispered, “You look beautiful”. I blushed and looked away. I felt his finger on my chin urging me to look at him. I obliged and moved my head to face his. I felt his breath on my forehead as he kissed it. He moved his way down my face onto my neck and kissed my neck. I moved my head round and kissed him on the lips, and we fell back on the sofa. He shifted himself, so we were more aligned. Our bodies fit together perfectly. His hands came up and caressed my face. I opened my mouth and our tongues entangled with each other’s and my heart started racing as the kiss intensified. I felt his dick rubbing up against me and he moaned as he kissed my neck. He moved his hands back down and lifted up my top. I saw him look at my stomach and gasp.

“Stop Jack, stop” I groaned. He moved away looking confused

“what’s wrong?”

“That’s a bit too fast” I whispered. “Sorry”

“Don’t worry about it, beautiful.” His comforting voice made everything seem better. “Do you want to talk about it?” I shook my head and stood up.

“My ex-boyfriend wasn’t a very nice person.” I sniffed. “I’m just not ready for anything yet. Feel free to leave at any point. You’re not getting what you came for” I stood up, walked out the room and slammed my bedroom door. As I lay on my bed, I heard his footsteps walking past my bedroom door. They stopped briefly, and then carried on. When I heard the front door open and close, I looked out the window and saw him walking away down the street.