To Live and Let Go (The Epilouge)

Final chapter! Sequel will be up ASAP, called "Somewhere in Neverland". Keep an eye out.

*

Alex's POV:

We were walking back from the woods, her hand rested just above my back. I was grinning from ear to ear. This was finally all over; our arguing was done. Now, we were just skipping along, enjoying the time we had alone.

"What are we gonna say to them? Oh, we just made out in the woods and now we're magically together." I sarcastically said.

"Just follow my lead." She smiled, hurrying up the steps. I followed intently.

Everyone was sitting inside, looking relieved.

"Hey, look what I found!" Marina presented me like I was some sort of award.

"Oh my god, Alex, where were you?" Emily begged.

"I was having an anxiety attack. But luckily, Marina knew me well enough to save me." I looked down at her lovingly.

She faced me, pressing her body to mine. We held each other with undeniable perfection. I just couldn't believe that she was so perfect, and all mine.

"So you two are on speaking terms again?" Matt questioned in disbelief.

"I guess you could say that." She popped up, locking her lips to mine. I smiled through the kiss.

Jack literally dropped the ice cream cone he was eating. Marina broke away to go pick it up. "What the hell was that?"

Everyone wanted to express the words, but couldn't. WOW was just etched upon each and every one of their faces. I laughed. Marina wiped up the ice cream and threw it away. "I'll get you another." She put a hand on his shoulder.

"Wait, what?" Rian asked again.

"We decided," Marina wrapped another arm around me. "That it would be best if we got back together."

Everyone was silent for a moment. Then, Kianna broke the mold. "Well it's about damn time!"

This earned a laugh collectively from the group. "So you guys aren't gonna give us shit for it?" I asked.

"It's better than having you argue, and it's better than you being apart." Zack stated.

"Yeah, we all really missed having you together." Colby stated.

"Well, we settled our differences, and now we're gonna make it work." She slapped my butt.

____________________________________________________________

I took one late bite of my second stuffed pepper, and I was done. I ate too much already, but they were so damn delicious that I couldn't stop. It was nice to be back home for the rest of the year, where Marina and I truly thrived. She had only eaten one stuffed pepper so far, but was just as full as I was.

"That was fucking great. Why do you cook so well?" I asked.

"It takes patience." She took my plate and brought it to the kitchen.

"Oh, please. You don't have any patience." I stood and sat on the couch.

"And you don't have any manners." She pointed a spatula at me.

I propped my feet on the coffee table and let out a large belch. "I'm cool with that."

She finished putting the dishes in the dish washer and snuggled up beside me. "What do you wanna do tonight, babe?"