Interlude

Alex's POV:

I heard the slight sound of whispering voices.

"Should we wake them up?" one asked.

"I don't know, they look so cute." another said.

"I'm glad I got a picture." a third chimed in.

"I know. Maybe we should make them some coffee." the first pondered.

"Coconut water is better for hangovers."

"I heard eggs are, too."

"We should make them some. She's always doing nice stuff for us when we're hungover."

It was that phrase that made me remember where I was, and where I'd been last night. I got wicked drunk with Marina last night, and now she was asleep on top of me. Oh, and she was shirtless and I was pantless.

I flickered open my eyes, closing them once I saw the light. This felt terrible. My head started pounding.

"Alex, you want anything?" a voice, Zack, asked.

"Tylenol. My head is pounding." I replied.

"Do you want any pants?" Emily questioned.

"You know, I think I'm gonna be okay." I opened my eyes again. Zack handed me a glass of coconut water and two little pills. "Thanks, man." I took it. "Up, up." I said to the woman on top of me.

Marina stretched a little bit, then sat up. I did, too. She leaned on me, resting her head on my shoulder. I swallowed my pills and downed half the glass of water. "How'd you sleep, little angel?" I questioned Rina.

"Awesome. Once the bed spins stopped, I was out like a lightbulb." she said.

"Do you want anything?" I yawned.

"Mm, I'm starved. You wanna eat something? We should really have bananas right now, because alcohol drains your system of potassium." she hugged my waist tighter.

"I think you need a shirt first." I laughed.

She opened her eyes, and looked down at her cleavage. "Oh. Did we have sex last night?"

Unfortunately not. "No, we were both just so smashed that we couldn't get dressed properly, let alone make it back to our beds."

"What did you guys even do last night?" Emily asked, popping a bowl of oatmeal in the microwave.

"They kissed!" Kianna tattled.

"Oh, that's right, we did." she looked at me. Her eyes were this beautiful blue-grey color. She was so beautiful without any makeup on.

"What? Since when? Are you together?" Emily begged.

"Emily, calm yourself. We just kissed, okay? We're not together. I think we just drank too much." Rina laughed, leaning on me again.

"I hate to be, like, that person, but you guys were half naked, sleeping on top of each other last night. And this isn't the first time you've slept together, either. So, seriously, what are you?" Colby asked.

"We're just friends. Friends that tend to get intimate a little too often." I responded.

Emily handed Marina the bowl of oatmeal, a chopped banana gracing the top. "You want anything, Alex?" 

"No, I'm all set." I replied.

"Thanks, Emily. I really appreciate it." Marina smiled.

"No problem. You're normally the one who takes care of us when we're hungover." she explained.