Stella

Alex's POV:

Now, it was the end of Febuary.  Jack seemed to blow the entire Kianna situation under the rug, just trying to stay happy. He view it this way: no more constant confusion, and he was free to do whatever he wanted. And Kianna seemed to be moving on quickly. She posted a picture of her kissing Tony Perry on instagram. I was just waiting for Jack to find out.

While Zack was picking up Emily at the airport, Jack drove over to my house. Marina was just finishing up the dishes, and I was vaccuming our room (god, it still felt great to call it "our" room) when I saw the headlights out the window, shining in the driveway.

"Babe, Jack's here!" I called.

"Why?" she asked. "Did you invite him?"

"No, he's just here." I stated, which wasn't very uncommon.

I finished vaccuming and went over to the front door, where Jack was already inside. "Alex, let's go to the club. I feel like partying." He said.

It was strange to think about, but I sort of had a responsibility. You know, to hang with Marina. But it had been so long since I just had a boys night, even if it was only with one boy.

"Mind if I go out, baby?" I asked Marina.

"No, you go have a fun time. I was gonna watch the new episode of The Real World tonight, anyway. You want me to call a cab?" she asked.

"Yeah. Actually, do you wanna pick us up afterward? It's fine if you don't." Jack stated.

"No problem. Just leave me the keys, Alex. I don't want you guys peeing yourselves on my seats." She replied.

"Oh, come on! That happened once!" I complained.

"I'm just joking." She sat on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and a blanket, resting her feet on the ottoman. "Have fun boys."

"Thanks Rina." Jack called.

"You're welcome." She smiled.

"I'll keep an eye on him." I leaned down, kissing Marina and grabbing a handful of popcorn at the same time.

"Okay hunny." She then noticed my hand. "Hey, you took like half of my bowl!"

"I can't help it. My hands are too big." I headed out. "I love you!"

"I love you too!" she called.

"Boy, you're whipped." I said as we waited for the cab, which would come momentarily.

"Just because I have a balanced relationship doesn't mean I'm whipped." I defended.

"I feel like things are finally getting back to normal. Even without her. I'm just kinda nervous." He looked out at the street.

"For what?"

"When we tour together again. I mean, what are we doing this summer?" He questioned.

"After everything that's happened, I think we better tour apart. I mean, I really wanna tour with Rina again, but I think we need some time apart, collectively as bands." I explained.

"Are things between you guys okay?" He asked.

"Things are great. She's awesome." I blushed a little to think about her. "She cleans my house, she's always up for sex, she understands me really well. It's like she fits perfectly with every little aspect of my life."

"You're one of the lucky ones." He said, as we got into the cab. He gave directions. We were off.

"I wouldn't be so quick to say that. I mean, we used to think that about Emily and Zack, too."