I Feel Like Dancin'

Marina's POV:

What the hell. My twitter was overloaded with tweets from fans sending me the new All Time Low song. I read the name. "A Love Like War ft. Vic Fuentes." 

How dare he! How dare he publish that song without my permission? I was enraged. That's not fair. I derserved whatever money he was getting off of it. That was MY song, and Vic had no right doing vocals in it.

But there was something else surprising; the fans sent me pictures of the song credits. And I was featured as a writer. My mind was clouded with shock. Why would he put me down? 

Everyone was freaking out. They were asking if we'd talked since the breakup. No, we hadn't, and probably never would. I turned on the song. All the lyrics seemed the same, but the call and response was different. I preferred it with my own responses, but I guess it was supposed to be different. I mean, this song was originally our love song. But what was it supposed to be now?

And that last line, it hit me like a falling house. "Is this the end of us, or just a means to start again?" What did it mean? Was he singing this to me? I mean, our love did feel kind of like a war now. Well, it wasn't love at all. Love and war don't mix. One is water, one is oil. But which was the risen one?

I slammed down my laptop and got dressed in the back lounge. It was time for an interview. I rolled my eyes. I'd been avoiding them since the breakup, since I knew they were bound to ask about him. Besides, I was almost a completely different person, and I didn't exactly want the fans seeing this side of me.

I walked out, my aviator sunglasses resting on my face. My hair was down in beach waves, trailing down my back. I had my blue, flowy tank top on, which showed the very bottom of my stomach. I didn't mind, seeing as I had gotten a decent tan. I lathered on a lot of fake tan to my legs, making sure to cover my whitish scars. I had my small purse slung over my shoulder, and a travel water bottle tied to the strap. I found the headquarters for the interview, which was in a room, with a blonde girl who looked completely disinterested and fake. It wasn't like me to say this, but I felt the need to be negative. It may keep me from lashing out (hell, the more I swallow, the more that comes out).

"Marina! You're here! Okay, are we ready to start?" She asked.

"I am." I quietly said. No, Rina, don't get in that mode...

She turned on the camera and sat in between Emily and Kianna on the couch, holding a microphone.

"Hey guys. It's Catherine Lectar here with Still Burning Daylight. Could you guys introduce yourselves, say what you do in the band, and something you like." She handed Colby the microphone first.

"I'm Colby Wilkens. I play bass, and I like guys with blonde hair." She said.

Kianna took it. "Hi, I'm Kianna Carter, I play guitar, and I like tattoos."

It was Emily's turn. "I'm Emily Merrick, I play drums, and I like, umm, kids." She said the first thing that came to mind, while looking at her stomach.

"Emily, what the fuck?" Colby blurted out.

"Yeah, that's messed up!" Kianna added.

Emily laughed, then handed me the mic. "Well I didn't mean it like that!"

The all laughed then quieted down. I remained silent. Then, they glared at me. "Rina, go!" Colby shouted.

"Oh sorry. I'm Marina Hudson, I'm the vox, and I like, uh, flowers."

Kianna giggled. "That's deep."

"It's deeper than tattoos." I hissed.

Catherine continued, asking questions about the album. I spoke only a few times, warming up significantly to her. I explained a little about every song, but skillfully avoided the subject of him. I still couldn't say his name, even. Then, the dreaded question came.