The Leader Is Taken

Note:I will be telling the rest of the story from authors point of view which is me.

Shichi sat up in her bed, still partly asleep. She looked over at the clock next to her bed and groaned when she realized she woke up at 7. It was a Saturday and she wanted to sleep in but ended up opening her eyes 5 hours early of her intended wake up time. She slammed her head back onto the pillow and closed her eyes. She wasn't able to go back to sleep because of the shouting brother that had just walked into her room. 

Shoukku:Get up Shichi. Breakfast is ready. 

Shichi:But its a Saturday. I want to sleep in. 

Shichi tossed in her bed and pulled the covers over her head in order to tell Shoukku that she wanted to stay there. He didn't listen because the covers were soon off of her and on the floor. She grabbed her pillow and put it over her head instead. Shoukku just sighed and grabbed her legs before pulling and making her start to slide near the edge of the bed. Shichi pulled off the pillow and looked at him like he was insane. She reached and grabbed the headboard of her bed and held on using half her strength. Anymore and she might have ripped it fully off of the bed. Shoukku pulled harder but was unable to pry her from the headboard so he let go and sighed. 

Shoukku:Just hurry and get dressed. Breakfast is getting cold. 

Shoukku walked out of the room and closed the door. Shichi groaned again and got out of the bed. She stretched and felt something brush her leg. She looked down to see Henshin slithering out from under her bed and up her leg. He made his way to her shoulders and licked her face. She giggled and set him on the bed and got dressed. She went downstairs to see Shoukku but not Yoroshii. She looked around then at Shoukku who just swallowed and pointed upstairs with his fork. 

Shoukku:He's in the bathroom. 

Shichi just nodded and sat down. She wasn't very hungry so she just put a couple of the small pancakes on her plate and poured some syrup on them. She ate quickly and, when she was done, ran out of the door. While walking, something landed on her head and she took it off to see a small kitten staring at her. Shichi just laughed. 

Shichi:You got out of the house without anyone seeing you didn't you? 

Henshin just nodded and purred in her hands. Shichi put him back on her head and continued to walk. She didn't really have a destination in mind so she just walked until a familiar voice yelled her name. She looked behind her to see Mon and Tsukiko running towards her. When they finally caught up to her, they were panting hard. 

Shichi:Hey guys. Why are you panting? 

Mon:We w-were running f-for awhile. 

Tsukiko:No t-thanks to Mon. She w-wanted to ask y-you something so w-we tried to find you. 

Shichi and Mon looked at Tsukiko expecting her to keep talking but Tsukiko was too exhausted to continue. They both smiled, relieved they wouldn't have to hear her go on and on. Shichi looked at Mon. 

Shichi:What did you want to ask me? 

Mon:Oh right. I was going to ask if you would like to spend the day with us. You know just us girls. 

Shichi:And do what? 

Tsukiko:Hang out. What else? Well we could go to the mall or the park. Maybe even the amusement park. Its not far away. We could also g- 

Mon quickly clamped her hand over Tsukiko's mouth and muffled her. Tsukiko groaned and folded her arms, knowing she wasn't strong enough to get free of Mon's hold. Mon just smiled and looked back at Shichi. 

Mon:So are you up for it? 

Shichi was about to say something when she felt a sudden familiar sensation overcome her. She knew what it meant and shivers were sent up her spine. She looked around and Mon and Tsukiko looked at her as if she was crazy. 

Mon:What's wrong? 

Shichi:Zenaku is here. 

Mon and Tsukiko looked at each other then began looking around as well. They didn't have time to look long because a pair of branches rose from the ground and grabbed Shichi. To Mon and Tsukiko, she looked like she was floating a little off of the ground and unable to move. Shichi struggled to break free of the branches but they wrapped around her tighter. Mon realized that it was like the last time and immediately took action. 

Mon:Spirit of insight! 

The glow radiated from her body and she opened her eyes to see the branches that restricted Shichi. She turned to her sister and nodded. Tsukiko nodded back and they both closed their eyes and held hands. 

Mon:Spirits merge. 5 Trigram of Souls. 

A white circle with a star in the middle if it then appeared in front of Mon and Tsukiko. They both put their free hands on 2 points of the star. 

Mon:Trigram Star, destruction. 

The star then glowed a bright red and beams shot from the star's points and cut through the branches that were holding Shichi. She landed on her feet and looked at Mon and Tsukiko then at the Trigram. 

Shichi:What is that? 

Mon:This is the power we are able to use when we combine our strength. The 5 Trigram of Souls. It allows us to destroy, create, and summon anything.

 Shichi:Handy. But the fight isn't over yet.

The ground then began to shake and they lost their balance. Tsukiko and Mon tried to hold on but Tsukiko wasn't able to and let go of Mon's hand. She fell and Mon bent down to help Tsukiko only to hear a scream from Shichi. She looked to see Zenaku standing in front of Shichi, holding her by the throat. Mon went wide-eyed and went to get up but felt herself being restricted by something. Her insight was still working so she was able to see the hands that were coming out of the ground and grabbing both her and Tsukiko. Mon struggled to free her hands but she couldn't move. She watched in horror as Zenaku threw Shichi to the ground and she began to sink into the concrete. Shichi tried to grab hold of something but, whenever she reached for something solid, it would turn into the same substance as the one she was sinking into. She was stuck and was sinking fast. She looked at Mon and Tsukiko who were trying to get up and help her but couldn't. They were the last people Shichi saw before sinking all the way into the liquid concrete. Mon and Tsukiko both watched as it turned solid again and Zenaku looked at them.

Zenaku:I'll be leaving now since I have what I came for. Have a nice day.

And with that, he disappeared in a black mist, leaving Mon and Tsukiko on the ground in terror. The hands had released them, leaving them free to move. Mon was the first to get up. She helped up Tsukiko and went over to the spot where Shichi sank into the concrete. She searched the ground for any sign of Shichi but there was nothing. She looked around, wondering where Shichi could be. She knew this was bad. Shichi was gone. The leader of their team was just taken.