Saved From Hell

The chains wrapped around my hands and legs. Perfect. Now I was chained like a dog. I looked at Roka who seemed like he was scared beyond belief. I laughed. He wanted to open hell and control it yet he was scared of it now that he had gotten a good look. What an idiot. I transformed back into a human and tried to break the chains. Roka began yelling at me.

Roka:What are you doing?! You can't break that! Its hell's chains!

Me:Shut up! I know what I'm doing! Unlike you.

I looked into the gate and saw flames. The same flames I summon with my sword. I looked closer and saw small shadows in the flames. The shadows became small demons. I recognized them. They were the demons I called to a battle. Just like the flames. They began to jump on the chains and eat through them. It didn't take long for the chains to start melting and I was soon free. I turned to Roka who was on the ground, staring at the gate in horror. Wait. Not the gate. Me. I looked at his eyes which were full of fear and helplessness.

Me:See what you've gotten yourself into? This is why you don't try to control hell.

Roka:But you can! Why are you able to control it?!

Me:I don't control hell. Just the flames and small demons. And that's not even a small portion of hell.

Roka was about to say more when chains flew past me and grabbed Roka. He began to freak out and tried releasing himself from the chains. Even I didn't see that coming. I watched as they began to drag him and he was still trying to free himself. I didn't know what to do. Help him or let him perish. Letting him perish would help me with my blackmailing problem. But I just couldn't let him die, even if he was a pest. I immediately transformed into a reaper and rushed over to him. He looked at me then at my sword.

Roka:But...how?

Me:You have a lot to learn. My sword regenerates if it gets broken or cracked. That's why I didn't hesitate to smash it earlier. Now hold still you ninny.

I raised up my sword and cut the chains. Roka ran from the gate while I fended off more flying chains. I dodged more chains and attacked the gate but stopped short. There was no need to destroy it. I held up my sword. The gate pulled back its chains and closed. It was then sucked into my sword and disappeared. I transformed back into my human form and looked at Roka who was still trembling from his experience. I started to walk over to him until he backed away from me.

Roka:Don't hurt me! I didn't mean anything, honest! I just wanted to have power.

Me:And this is what happens. You almost die. Next time, don't be an idiot and try to take control of something beyond your mental ability. Now get up.

I reached my hand to him. He looked at me then smiled. It wasn't like his other smiles. It was a sort of happy smile. He grabbed my hand and I pulled him up.

Me:I'm now leaving. I'm tired considering I had to stay up all this time. And you better not tell anyone about my secret.

Roka:Don't worry. You saved me so I owe you that. I'll go home and erase them.

And with that, we said goodbye and started walking to our houses. Not only will I not have to worry about being blackmailed, I also gained a friend.