Chapter 5

I hope this chapter is long! It took 10 pages on the Pages app >.<

__________________

"What are you doing?" Gio asks me with the stupidest face ever.

"What does it look like I'm doing!? I'm dis-infecting the table!" I said as I furiously wipe the table with disinfectant wipes.

"Why?" Gio asks like he's an annoying little kid.

"Cause! You clipped your toe nails on the table!" I snap.

"They were really long though, they look like waxing crescents. I smelled them, and it has like a sweet smell, it smells like my ear wax."

I stop wiping the table and look at Gio. I cross my arms and look at him with a 'really?' expression.

"One day, Rita and I will plan a way to murder you. You make our lives terrifying. Health hazard." I threw the disinfectant wipe at his face. Gio laughs as if what I did was completely fine with him.

"Whatever. Excited for your date?"

"How many times do I have to tell you it is NOT A DATE."

"Sounds like a date to me."

"You have never been on date, you have no rights to call it a date what so ever."

"Stop denying it." Gio sighs and walks away.

"When Rita comes back, I'm telling her to trap you in a specific room!!" I yell across the room to him as he leaves.

"whatever loser." Gio replies.

I sit down at the kitchen table for a moment. What was I going to do with this boy? Gio is cool sometimes, but he's so disgusting. I trace my finger against the grain of the wood. My thumb is so gross, the skin was peeling, the nail had ridges, and the cuticle was swelling. It's like the thumb version of Giovanni.

It's one o'clock and I get up to get ready. I keep on reminding myself that this is not a date and I shouldn't worry how I look or dress. The only problem is that I want to dress nice, but I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to make an impression. Am I the only one who thinks this way? After a couple of exhausting minutes, I finally decided to wear shorts with a polo shirt that perfectly fits my body, along with a cardigan. I slip on my Toms and satchel.

I know I sound terribly conceited, because this is the second time it happened, but I can't help it! I seriously look fantastic! I mean where did this sudden self confidence come from? My hair is being perfect again, and my skin is flawless. My self appreciation is growing. Am I becoming narcissistic?

I leave my flat and walk down the beautiful streets of London. In a matter of minutes I make it to Zayn's flat. This is not a date, I remind myself. I press the button of the buzzer .

"Hey, it's Leah." I speak into it.

"Oh hey! Come inside!" I hear Zayn's voice through the buzzer. The door unlocks and I quietly get in.

"IT'S YOU AGAIN! ZAYN! IT WAS HER! SHE ATE MY CRISPS!!" Niall says as soon as he sees me enter Zayn's flat. He points at me accusingly and narrows his eyes with anger, he looks like he's about to attack me.

"What?" I ask innocently, pretending that I have no idea what's going on. I know exactly what Niall was accusing me of, and I'm dying of laughter on the inside.

"Ni, leave her alone. It was probably someone else that looks like her." said Zayn.

"What's going on?" I ask. (I should so be an actress)

"No!! It was her, I swear she looks exactly like her!" Niall says with confidence.

"C'mon Niall, it was a bag of crisps. Get over it, I doubt that it was her. I mean with that hot body and those greasy crisps you were eating, please."