Chapter 28- Almost Giving Up part 2 (edited chapter)

Liam’s POV

I opened the bedroom door instantly after I heard that unmistakable chuckle, “You finally got tired of pretending to be one of those humans you and your friends go to school with eh cousin?”

It was my crazy cousin Sebastian on the other side of the door, and before I knew it, he was standing right beside me with that annoying grin that was always permanently placed on his face. I swear him, and Aidan could be best friends, they act so much alike. 

“What are you doing here?” I asked in an annoyed tone. I was not looking to have visitors right now. All I wanted was to feed, then come back to my room for some peace and quiet.

“Is that all you have to say to your favorite cousin ever? I haven’t seen you in years, and I thought we could catch up, maybe even go out for a little fun later... if you know what I mean, you know before your married off in a few weeks. I haven’t been around these parts in awhile, but I hear you can find a buffet of willing and beautiful participants not too far from here,” Sebastian said, his grin growing in size with each word.

I watched as he walked around my room before sitting himself on the edge of the bed, “Sebastian, I know you and I know you didn’t come here just to invite me on a feeding orgy,” I said.

Sebastian’s grin turned into a cheeky smile, “Fine you caught me. As I did come here to invite you along with me tonight, I also came to inform you,” he said before pushing himself off the edge of the bed to stand again. 

“Yeah I’m sure you did Sebastian,” I said with a sigh before making my way back over to my bedroom door again, showing just how uninterested I truly was with this conversation.

“I over heard my mother talking to yours a few minutes ago out in the gardens, and I intercepted some interesting details about your mysterious mate to be,” Sebastian said making me stop in my tracks and twist to face him again.

“I knew that would get your attention,” he said knowingly, “What do you know,” I demanded. “Who is she?”

“All I heard is that it’s someone you know and her father holds a title on the board of Elders. They stopped talking about the subject when they heard my arrival not too long after.

I gave Sebastian a confused look, “That’s it? That’s your so called interesting details? None of that information helps me at all. You know how many Elders on the board have daughters, I need to find out who she is,” I said in frustration as I pushed both of my hands through my already messed up hair.

Sebastian gave me a curious look as he walked over to where I was standing, “Why do you want to find out who she is so badly? It’s not as if you have to worry about her being hideous and it’s not like you have a choice in the matter on who she is anyhow,” Sebastian said jokingly, but I was not in the laughing mood.

Opening up my door, I pointed towards the hallway, “Get out,” I said in aggravation.

“For what, what’d I do?” Sebastian said with a smile as he stepped out of my room.

“I don’t have time for your games today Sebastian, go screw with someone else,” I said as I went to close my bedroom door, but before I could close it completely Sebastian stopped me.

“Okay I’ll go, but let me just say... I’m glad I’m not in your shoes. I don’t want a mate, let alone have a mate picked out for me and be forced to marry her. Your a good one Liam because I would be going crazy right now. You seem to be keeping it together quite well I must say. I commend you for stepping up to your royal responsibility because if I were you, I’d be running as far away from here as possible. Plus, with all that happened with...” I cut him off before he could finish that last part, I did not want to hear her name or think about my past right now.