Chapter 6- And the Roller Coaster Begins part 1 (edited chapter)

When I arrived home, I stepped into the house without a word to my parents. Walking up the stairs to my room in a daze, I blindly stripped myself of my clothes and slowly got in bed. The events of the night still going through my head.

I stayed wide awake in my bed for most of the night. Trying to understand my confusing thoughts and feelings and most importantly trying to understand the person who was responsible for all my confusion. Liam Lock.

Just thinking his name brought on a wide range of emotions, I could not settle on just one when it came to him. Liam had me angry and hurt, as well as intrigued by him and attracted to him. It is like I wanted and should hate Liam, but there was this crazy desire for him that I could not control when he was near, when he touched me.

When I finally felt my eyelids start to become heavy, I snuggled up to my pillow and got comfortable. Before letting my eyes take their rest, I made it my mission, for the second time, to stay as far away from Liam as possible. Even if that meant not hanging around Olivia and the rest of Liam’s friends. Whatever game he was playing, I did not want to be apart of it.

With that final thought, I blew out a deep sigh before letting the drowsiness finally envelope me.

I was awakened Saturday morning by my phone going off on my night stand. Groggily with my eyes still closed, I reached over and grabbed my phone and squinted down at the brightly lit screen to see who was calling. The screen read Amanda's name so I pressed the talk button to answer.

"Hello?" I said my voice coming out scratchy from just waking up. There was silence on the other end for a minute before Amanda finally spoke, "Uh, did I wake you? If I did sorry, I just thought you'd be up since its almost noon," She said with an unsure voice, and that made me sit up straight with wide eyes.

I slept until noon? That fact surprised me since I rarely sleep past nine. Then I remembered that I was up most of the night thinking about a certain person who shall not be named. Shaking my head to myself, I focused back on Amanda who was beginning to yell my name through the phone.

"Uh, yeah, what did you just say? Kinda zoned out there. Still a little tired," I lied and I heard Amanda give a small giggle before she spoke again.

"I was just calling to ask if we were still on for this afternoon, you still want to go to the mall with us? We might go see a movie later," she said, and I nodded, but then realized she could not see and quickly answered saying that I still wanted to come along.

After that, we talked on the phone for a few, getting the details together for later and talking about a big test we would be having in calculus next week. Then she changed the subject and asked what I was hoping not to have to talk about ever again. My night hanging out with Olivia and her friends at Liam's house.

Silently I groaned in my head before giving her a reply, "Yeah, it was fun. We just watched a movie and then I left to come home," I said vaguely, intentionally leaving out any details that had to do with what had transpired or Liam himself for that matter and that meant leaving out almost everything.

I could faintly hear in Amanda's voice that she was disappointed about my real simple answer to one of the many questions she has asked me about Liam and his friends. I thought it would be more wise to keep some things concerning Liam and his friends to myself.

After ending the conversation, I hung up my cell and got out of bed. Putting on my house slippers, I dragged myself out of my bedroom and down the stairs towards the kitchen. Getting there, I spotted my Mom, who was in the middle of making lunch. When I shuffled into the kitchen, she snapped her head up from her work and looked at me. Giving me a small smile, she gestured me to the kitchen table.