Chapter 2- Liam Lock (edited chapter)

Pain and Pleasure: 

All Rights Reserved

Copyright © 2012 Whitney T. Hines
This book may not be reproduced, transmitted, or stored in whole or in part by any means, including graphic, electronic, or mechanical without the express written consent of the publisher except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews.

This books last chapter will only be available on Wattpad for view for a limited time only.

****************************************************************

Chapter Two: Liam Lock

After running into Liam Lock by my locker, I brushed off his rudeness and hurried my steps to study hall. I had managed to get all my homework done from my previous classes while in study hall and had time to spare. Having nothing else to do after I completed my assignments, my thoughts started to wonder back to the jerk of a guy Liam Lock.

Amanda had told me that he never interacts with anyone, well besides his friends. So why have I had incidents with him more than once already and it is not even lunch hour yet?

First, it was the stare down in my first period English class and then he runs into me, literally, and he does not even apologize for it. He just stared at me, just like he did in first period, then walked away like nothing happened.

My thoughts halted when the bell rang signaling the end of study hall and the beginning of lunch hour. Collecting my things I left the classroom, and went to my locker to relieve myself of all the books I did not need anymore. When I had finished putting my things inside, I grabbed my wallet and closed my locker door.

Just as I was turning around, Amanda came to stand by my side, "Hey, you want to sit with me and my friends for lunch? I know how it can be on your first day and who likes sitting alone, right?" She said while tugging me down the stairs and towards the lunch room.

Not saying a word, I gave her a slight grin and followed behind her. I was out of it, to busy thinking about that Liam guy and the little incidents that have taken place today.

I heard Amanda say my name, so I turned my attention back to her, "Uh, what did you say?" I asked her slightly shaking my head to get rid of my distracting thoughts.

Amanda looked at me curiously, "I asked you if there was something wrong, you look kind of out of it," she said her eyebrows furrowed together.

I hesitated for a moment, not knowing if I should say anything about what has transpired between Liam and I. Plus I did not know her that well, but then I remembered that Amanda seems to know a lot about Liam, so why not ask her to shed some light on his behavior towards me.

"Okay, well tell me if this is weird. Today in first period when I was introducing myself to the class, I caught that Liam guy staring at me, I mean like intense stare contest between him and I. Then right before I went to study hall, I swear he intentionally bumped into me making me fall against my locker, and he didn’t even apologize for it. He just stood there staring at me for a minute, then turned and walked towards his locker," I explained as we came to the lunch room doors.

"You did’t tell me he was a jerk too," I stated while pulling the lunch room door open to walk inside. I looked to Amanda patiently awaiting her response, "So what do you think his problem with me is?" I asked her. 

Amanda just waved her hand dismissively and pulled me along with her to the food cart line, "Don’t read too much into that, Liam probably was staring through you not at you and as for him bumping into you, maybe he was distracted and didn’t see you. But if he makes you feel that uncomfortable, just know, you don’t have to worry about that while your in lunch because him and his friends never eat lunch in the cafeteria or the school grounds for that matter. Oo look they have chocolate cake today, " she said the last part more to herself, before grabbing two pieces of chocolate cake and placing them on her tray.