Chapter 1- The New Girl (edited chapter)

Pain and Pleasure: 

All Rights Reserved

Copyright © 2012 Whitney T. Hines
This book may not be reproduced, transmitted, or stored in whole or in part by any means, including graphic, electronic, or mechanical without the express written consent of the publisher except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews.

This books last chapter will only be available on Wattpad for view for a limited time only.

*********************************************************************************************

Chapter One: The New Girl

Today is the first day at my new school, LakeView Academy, and I hate it more today than I did on yesterday. I woke up this morning to find that not only do I have to go to a private school I also have to wear a uniform. 

I grumpily went through my morning routine and got ready. When it was time to put on the horrid uniform I glanced at it in disgust. It was a navy blue plaid pleated skirt, navy blue knee-highs, and a white collared shirt. They also gave me a maroon sweater vest and blazer with the schools seal on the right hand pocket for add-ons. The only thing I got to wear that was my own were my shoes.

After I finally managed to get the dreaded uniform on I grabbed my shoulder bag, and phone before going down stairs for breakfast.

On my way down I could already smell the bacon and eggs that were cooking in the pan. "Hey mom, Hey dad." I said in a bored tone as I sat down at the kitchen table. My dad was reading the newspaper and drinking his coffee.

As my Mom brought the plates of food over, my dad placed his paper to the side. "Well, my dear I have a surprise for you, that I think you might like." I stopped shoveling eggs in my mouth when I heard him say that. "You do? What is it?" I said a little excited now.

"Well, your mother and I decided since I'm getting a company car through my job you could use the extra one we had the movers bring up from Sacramento to get around in." My Dad said with a grin. I glanced up at my Mom who nodded her head in agreement. 

"I can have the extra car, really? You guys are not playing with me?" I said in disbelief. They both gave a light laugh as my Dad tossed me the keys.

I stood up quickly with a huge smile on my face, forgetting about my breakfast all together and ran around to give my parents both a loving hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you Dad. I promise I won't crash it." I said excitedly and was out the door before they could say anymore.

The drive to my new school was not long at all, only about ten minutes from my neighborhood. I had used the directions my Dad had given me when we got in yesterday. I pulled up to the building and looked through the tall iron gates that separated me from the prestigious academy. It was extremely upper class, with its red brick exterior and white stoned steps. It had a huge round water fountain in the center of the front lawn that looked manicured to perfection.

With a heavy sigh, I drove through the opened gates, following the signs that directed me to the student parking lot. While driving up to the parking lot, I saw different groups of kids huddle together. Just like public school all the cliques were present and even though everyone had matching uniforms on, one could still tell what groups were what.

I rolled to a stop when I found a parking space close to the building on the right side that was empty. I looked over at the dash board and seen I still had about ten minutes left before school started, so I got my things and exited the car to make my way to the office to grab my schedule.