Chapter 17- Answers part 1 (edited chapter)

It has been silent from the moment Liam drove out of the school parking lot; he has not once looked at me. Instead he has kept his eyes on the road with a glare itched into his features. By the time we pulled up to his enormous house, and Liam parked his car, my nerves were a jumbled mess.

Not making any moves to exit the car, I too stared out the windshield, but only because I was too nervous and upset to look him in the face. I heard Liam shuffle a bit in his seat after a few more silent moments and out of the corner of my eye I could tell that he had twisted slightly to face me.

Being stubborn I just crossed my arms under my chest and place a glare onto my face, as well. I did not have to speak to him, he is the one who forced me to come here, I thought to myself. 

Another minute or two past by before Liam gave an exasperated sigh, “Look, I’m sorry for the way I acted back at the school, why don’t you come in so we can talk as to mature individuals,” He spoke this softly like he was trying to be unusually nice and that only made my anger elevate.

Turning to Liam for the first time since the whole incident at school ended, I gave him a death glare, “Don’t think I’m going to fall for whatever this is your trying to pull Liam,” I stated in an unbelieving tone. Liam was trying to worm his way through my defenses by being nice, and I was not going to let that happen this time.

Liam ran a hand through his hair in frustration while glancing towards his house before looking back to me, “I’m not trying to do anything, I just want to talk to you, seriously talk to you,” He said this softly too, but it sounded more strained than before, as if he was trying to keep his anger at bay.

Not believing what he was saying, I just shook my head defiantly and turned to stare out the front window again, “Nothing you say to me can make me believe your being fully honest with me. So you should stop pretending to be nice and take me home because I’m not getting out of this car,” I stated boldly not even glancing to the side to see what Liam’s reaction was.

Liam did not speak for awhile after that, and I was beginning to think I had won until suddenly I heard a deep growl that, no doubt, came from Liam. Twisting in surprise to fully face him, I looked at him wide eyed and watched as he slowly started to lean forward inching closer and closer to me.

“If you don’t want to get out of this car, than fine don’t. We can always skip the talking and I can do something else that would be more beneficial to me,” Liam said in a deep, husky voice.

Not knowing if Liam was just taunting me or actually serious, I gave him a once over. From the way he was staring, and the glazed look in his eyes, I would say he was most certainly serious. That look had me even more scared than the thought of being in a house alone with him, because I knew if I let him so much as touch me there would be no turning back for me and Liam knew that too. He knew that I could not resist the feeling his bite gave me, and he was using that to his advantage right now.

Looking from him to his house that was directly in front of his parked car, I considered my options. If I stay in the car and he made good of his threat, then I would not have any chance at keeping him at a distance or keeping my hormones in check for much longer, but if I went inside the house I could keep much needed space between us.

Coming to a conclusion, I reluctantly turned my vision back to Liam who was waiting patiently with a smug smile on his lips, “Fine, I’ll go in,” I said hating the fact that he had won, and he knew it.

Rolling my eyes at Liam, I turned towards the car door and opened it, with more force than necessary, and stepped out of the car before slamming the car door to a close. When I turned to look over the top of the car at Liam, I smiled when I seen the pissed off look he gave me, most likely pissed because I slammed his precious car door, which had me smiling triumphantly internally.