Chapter 27- Almost Giving Up part 1 (edited chapter)

Kyla’s POV

Everyone was deadly still; nobody moved a muscle; instead they stood there frozen in place; never blinking or even breathing, all they did was stand there while their eye’s bored into mine. But even though seeing them so still freaked me out, the expression on each and every one of their faces freaked me out even more.

Their expression’s all resembled something in between shock and fear, and I could not understand why. I would think that me asking to be turned into a vampire would make them all happy not scared.

When I realized none of them were going to respond to my request I folded my arms under my chest and gave them all a questioning look, “Why are all of you staring at me like I just said I had a stake behind my back?” I asked irritated.

That seemed to take them out of whatever trance they were in because suddenly I noticed, one by one, as their eyelids started to open and shut and there chests started to rise and fall; beginning their unneeded human movements again.

“That’s a stupid and unrealistic request Kyla,” Aidan said harshly making me snap my head in his direction.

A little taken aback that Aidan of all people had just shot down my request to be turned into a vampire; I furrowed my brows towards him, “Why would you say it’s stupid and unrealistic?” I asked him in a disbelieving tone.

Aidan gave one of his cocky grins before stepping to the forefront of the group to stand in front of me, “Your plan is flawed,” he said simply making me raise my eyebrows in confusion.

“How is my plan flawed? You said yourself the vampire world, especially Liam’s parents, are not as tolerant to humans as you guys are so me turning into a vampire will eliminate that issue. To me my plan is full proof,” I tell him with as much confidence as I can muster.

“I’m not talking about you not being a human anymore if you turn,” Aidan said.

“Then what are you talking about!?” I said loudly as my frustration started to come to the surface.

Aidan flashed me another grin as he shook his head before turning to glance at the rest of the group behind him, “Who wants to explain it to her?” he asked directing the question at all of them.

My confidence in my newly formed plan started to fade as soon as Aidan said that. I could just tell that what they wanted to explain to me was not good. Letting my arms fall to my sides, I looked from one end of the group to the other before giving a defeated sigh, “Okay what is it?” I asked to no one in particular.

I watched as everyone started to make their way over to the sectional and chairs that were placed in the family room. Emma stopped in front of me and gestured for me to follow her to a seat as well, which I did.

When everyone, including myself, sat down Emma started to speak, “Well, we all had hoped this conversation would never have to be brought up but since you have brought it up I guess we have no choice but to tell you now,” she said.

“Aidan wasn’t lying when he said your plan to be turned into a vampire is flawed because he’s right, it is. It’s more complicated than you think it is to be turned into a vampire Kyla. There are laws in the vampire world that are made specifically for humans who want to be turned,” It was Olivia speaking this time, and I was not liking what I was hearing so far.

“There are laws on turning humans?” I ask surprised.

“Yes,” Olivia said. “They are made so it would be a much harder choice for a human to make.”

“So, what are the laws? Is it something I have to do, because I’ll do whatever it takes if it means I’ll be with Liam again,” I said with determination.