Home

The days were passing by as Robert, Diana and Thomas still traveled on the ship, saving as much food as they could for an uncertain future.

Robert, despite high temperatures due to a small infection, was recovering fairly well. He also had the best support he could, and all the passion he carried inside only encouraged him. And the fact he was returning home after such a long time away only motivated him more.

“My prince, we need to share some words” Thomas turned to his Prince, who was concentrated on the sea, Diana was not far from there, washing some clothes.

“Thomas.” Robert smiled “You think we are near?”

“I believe so, Robert” Thomas said “The problem is, if we get to close to the harbor, they’ll immediately see us”

Robert nodded “Then let’s not go that way then. Let’s travel a few more miles north, and then we will approach the coast.” Robert said “There is a safe way back to the Castle”

Thomas smiled at him “Are you certain?”

“I know my kingdom very well, Thomas…” Robert smiled

“I would not dare to doubt that” Thomas smiled

“What is going on?” Diana approached them with a smile

“We were just discussing our way into Stonegate” Thomas said, sitting down

“Oh, through some secret passage Robert said?” She looked at her Prince, who smiled at her, proudly

“See? That is my Princess” He pushed her into him softly and kissed her forehead “We’ll get there soon”

She looked at him and smiled “Eager, my Prince?”

He softly nodded “You know… I miss my mother, actually. I hope she is alright”

She smiled “Do not worry, I am sure she is fine”

He nodded “She is strong. But I cannot possibly trust Montagu or Leofrick, much less Gloriana of Wedgemore, after what she did”

“Let’s hope everything will be alright with you mother, and Thomas’ father” She smiled

“And everyone else…”

She smiled at him “I love you, Prince Robert”

He smiled widely “Those words sound amazing in my ears, you have no idea” he kissed her “And I love you too, my Princess, my everything”

She smiled, melting in his arms.

Thomas was not wrong, it was not a long time of travel until they could see the Stonegatean coast. They were already going north, so the main and famous Stonegatean capital entrance was not sighted.

Diana’s eyes widened “It is real…stone”

Robert smiled and hugged her from behind

“Not only the coast, there are mines, and many other unusual but amazing structures… all stone. I have a feeling you might like the sights”

She smiled at him “You will show me around, when all this is over”

He kissed her forehead “I will take you to all the best places I know”

“My Prince, which way do I take?”

“Just reach the coast, we will need a boat later. This ship has one, right?”

“Yes,” Diana spoke “I’ve seen one in the  backside”

“Good” Robert smiled

It did not take them a long time to reach the coast and, carrying the last amount of supplies they had, they abandoned the ship and got into a little boat.

“The ship will follow the tide, no worries. It is not Knavesmirean either, they will not notice or get suspicious if they see it” Robert spoke, taking the lead.

“Are you ok to conduct?” Diana worriedly asked

“I feel perfectly fine” he smiled at her “There is a cavern, not far from here” He said

And he was no wrong. There was this scary and dark cavern in the sea, which plunged inside it. So, the little boat entered the cavern, and Robert conducted for some moments.

“This is scary…” Diana commented, her whisper being very well heard.

“All you say will be heard” Robert commented, with a smile, looking around.

The cavern looked like a labyrinth, Diana had no idea where she was, and Thomas seemed to be somewhat lost as well.

But there was a moment where Robert stopped, right in the middle of nowhere.

“Robert?” Diana asked

“Shh” he said, holding the ropes they had brought from the ship. Robert knotted a small anchor on it and threw it over those scary rocked walls.

To their surprise, it tied in something, wherever it was. It was too dark to see

“It is here” Robert whispered “We need to climb” He said

Thomas nodded and was first “It is not that high…” he said after a few moments “I’m here, it’s safe”

“You go next Diana, I want to make sure you get up there”

She scarily looked at him, but nodded.

When the three were finally up the rocked walls, inside dark hole, the Prince spoke again “We cannot see anything, but you will have to trust me and crawl, a light might be seen at any time, now”

They said as the Prince told and, indeed, after some time, some small torches could be seen. But that was not what Robert was hoping to see.

“Torches?” He jumped to the floor, after crawling the small secret tunnel

“What would lighten this?”

“There are diamonds, here. They shine. It’s not much but would have been enough to guide us” Robert touched the walls, finding one diamond.

He turned to Diana, giving it to her “I’ll make sure to give you one of the best necklaces” He smiled softly

She smiled at him, her heart melted. Thomas, however, interrupted them

“But… if there are torches lightened, it means…”

“Someone is around this secret passage” Robert spoke “My father showed me this one, no one else could possibly know about it…” he disappointedly said, walking around.

“Calm down, maybe it is just a trap” Diana softly said, watching Robert silently approaching what looked like a door

“Or maybe there’s someone there!” Thomas said, louder than he should

“Shhh!” Robert looked at him, eyes widened, as he tried to listen to whoever was inside. He nodded, sensing some presence there.

“Oh, gosh” Diana said, scared

“WHO THE HELL IS THERE?!” A familiar voice said.

Thomas eyes widened “Father?!” He said out loudly

The disguised door suddenly opened and Charles de Montfort looked outside, his sword in his hand, not believing his eyes.

“Thomas?” He weakly whispered “My boy?”

Thomas quickly ran to hug his father as Robert slowly entered the secret room.

“Robert?!” Beatrix of Stonegate immediately saw her son.  

Heeey!

What do you think?!

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*