Uncertainties

“Robert…” Thomas approached to sit alongside his prince, a few days after their arrival at Wedgemore “Really, what is on your mind? You have been very thoughtful later”

Robert glanced at him “I do not know, I am just… unsure, I guess”

Thomas smiled “It is ok to be unsure, Robert”

“I am not that kind of person, Thomas. If I am not sure about something, I make sure.”

“Sometimes that is not enough. This is one of those times”

Robert took a deep breath

“But… why? Do you think our army will not be enough to beat both of theirs?”

“Oh, I think we are more than capable to defeat them. Even with them being advantageous in number”The prince said

Thomas looked at him, confused

“I do not know, Thomas. I feel like there is something escaping me… it is right in front of me, yet I cannot see it” The Prince looked down

“Robert, you are the best man I have ever met. Well, you have your moments, but no one is a better governor than you. Why all these doubts now?”

“You know very well there is no better governor than my father ever was, Thomas. And I will not take his position”

“You already have, Robert!” Thomas said “You may not be the king, but you know very well you are the one ruling Stonegate. You mother is just your best adviser and the one who sends the order”

Robert stood up and looked down “I will never be a king, Thomas”

Thomas sighed as he watched his best friend wall away. There was this uncertainty in him he had never seen before. It actually scared him. Whatever was bothering him, was bothering him at many levels. He knew no one else could see it, but he knew his best friend better than anyone.

The Prince entered the Palace, hearing screams coming from the kitchen. He slowly walked there

“You are forbidden to speak even if just a word to him, do you listen to me?”

He raised his eyebrows, there were the three princesses talking to the maid, who was looking down, nodding.

“How do you even dare to think you can have a prince like that? He is mine” Princess Alice said

“What?!” Princess Ryia turned to her “What makes you think that? I will have him!”

Janet was the next one to speak “You are both crazy, you should have heard our conversation…”

The prince looked back at the maid, who was rolling her eyes.

 He chuckled, she clearly did not have the patience to deal with these ladies, nor did he.

“What is this about?” he decided to interrupt “You will not forbid her from such things. When I talk to someone, I want a reply” Prince Robert

“Oh, Prince Robert!” The three princesses stopped

“Now, please, ladies, do not fight against each other because of me, that would be useless. I guarantee you”

They seemed offended, so they left, hoping the prince would go after them.

“I apologize about that” Prince Robert turned to Diana

“You did not have to do that”

“Were you going to obey their orders?”

Diana glanced at him “Maybe. I kind of liked those orders”

The prince chuckled and approached her “Prince Robert…” Diana warned

“Woah, I am not going to do anything” He looked down at her “I just wanted to ask for some water, I am really thirsty”

“It is here” She went to get him some

“Look, I apologize for talking those things, a few days ago. I did not know, I… should have asked first. I am sorry” He whispered

Her eyes widened. She could not believe this man, a Prince, was apologizing. No, correction: the Prince.

He did not know why he did it either. He never apologized, he never had to justify himself to anyone, so why would she be different?

Well.

She was.

A long cloak was seen at the big royal bed. Queen Gloriana looked graciously at the little bottle of liquid in her hands, smiling to herself.

“It is just a pity you are so good looking, Stonegatean. You will not live to see another day” She grinned devilishly

Heey!

What do you think will happen?!

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*