20. Hunger

Runner

Runner

I am trying not to move a muscle and ruin this cause something tells me it is a rare sight. After we had sex, Mags rolled to her side and she let me take her in my arms. And she is sleeping peacefully, her long lashes touching her cheeks, her big lips slightly open. I look down at her face that rests on my chest, at her arm that is wrapped around my waist, at her body that is glued to mine and I fucking smile.

This is how it's supposed to be every day for the rest of our lives. She belongs in my arms, in my life. She belongs to me. She is too fucking scared to see it but I am here to remind her all the time. She will be mine. At the thought, my arms tighten around her and she cozies even closer, her big lashes fluttering for a few seconds before she opens her eyes and looks up to me.

My heart stops at the sweetness of her look dazed from sleep as she is and my breath is caught. I have been through so much shit in my life, so much bitterness and so much hardness. I have prevailed over my enemies, I killed and maimed so that I would earn my cut and be a Rider. And it was all worth it for this moment, for the moment that this stunning beauty with the tortured soul would look upon me like that.

"Hey!" I say and caress her cheek.

"Hey," she smiles. "I don't think I ever had a nap in the middle of the day in my life."

"That's cause you've never been fucked this good in the middle of the day, angel."

She chuckles and shakes her pretty head and I want to burst with joy that is not running the hell away from this intimacy.

"Don't you have work to do?" She asks playing with the curls on my chest.

"I am all yours," I leave a kiss on her forehead.

Her eyes snap to mine and the rollercoaster of emotions I see in there makes me dizzy. From happiness to terror and from bliss to panic. Her body tries to put some distance between us, to dispel the effect my words had on her. 

Being with her is like treading on thin ice and I feel like I am going to be drowning in freezing waters any second. Affection doesn't sit well with her yet, her body revolts at the thought, her mind panics when there is even a hint of it. I need to ease her into it but sometimes I can't help myself. Act cool, I order myself. So, I put on a devilish smile and I pull her to me.

"We have a deal, Mags," I rub her shoulder with my thumb and she responds to my touch. "We are each other's fuck toy till the wedding. I am taking this shit seriously."

Her face relaxes and melts into a glowing smile. I keep my own face amused though I want to get up and punch the wall in frustration. I want to tell her how much I like having her close and yet she forces me to pretend that this is nothing but a good fuck for me so she won't run away. This is beyond fucked-up.

"I am hungry," I shift away. "Get dressed. We are going to grab a bite."

"Uhm," she hesitates and pulls the covers over her body.