2. Judges

Runner

Runner

"You want the weekly reports?" Cara asks smiling at me.

"I got them. We are doing good," I throw at her coldly.

Never did I think that hiring Cara to help me with the studio would become so annoying. Sure, I did for her perfect, perky ass but she proved clever enough to handle the one or two things I wanted from her. It's just... I have fucked her on this very desk almost daily and I had her blow me while looking those damn weeklies. Now...

"Do you need anything more?" Cara comes round the desk for her usual treatment.

"No," I almost yell in her face.

"You OK, Runner?"

Sure! Perfectly OK. Perfectly OK like I was before the blonde girl we dragged out of that damned abandoned warehouse. Magdalene. Of course, the girl trying to kill Lysa, Vik's woman, would be a rare beauty of endless blonde hair and the bluest eyes. This is what my life has come down to. Pining after a girl that left me without turning to even look at me.

"I'm OK. Tell Stig I'll be down in a moment."

"No, you ain't!" Vik barges in and sits on my desk.

I love the man. I really do. I am happy that he is happy but if he keeps walking around with that stupid grin, I will motherfucking murder him. But I guess he is supposed to look like that. He is getting married to the one he loves. The one that loves him back.

"Get up, asshole. Long day!"

"What the fuck do you want, Vik?"

"Bachelor party, motherfucker!" Vik grabs me by the shoulders and shakes me in enthusiasm.

The wedding is in three weeks but that doesn't mean that the Riders are not in full party mode. Knowing that a Rider bachelor might be a little bit too wild, Vik decided to have one long before the wedding. Lysa would have his head if he did anything to ruin this.

Lysa and Vik, true to the swift Rider weddings, are tying the knot merely a few months after they met. The wedding will take place in the gym they both made right next to the clubhouse expanding the family business thing we got going on in our street.

"I...I don't know, brother," I get up and go to the bar I got in my office.

"What's there to know? I said, BACHELOR!!"

I shake my head and pour me some tequila. Not long ago I would have organized the damn thing for a brother and laughed in his face. Now, Tor and Vince took care of everything and I am grateful for that. I will go, Vik is a brother and he wants me there. That doesn't mean that I will enjoy it.

"I heard you, Vik. Not deaf. Damn!"

"Maybe not deaf but something is wrong with you, brother. Talk to me."