25. Traitors

Runner

Runner

I am waiting outside the clubhouse for Magda to come back, trailing the pavement again and again. Watching her over the hidden camera made me lose ten years of my life to agony. And when that fucker grabbed her by the throat, it took both Bjorn and Ironhand to keep me in place while I screamed and yelled. All my hurt of her saying I mean nothing to her evaporated the moment I saw her in grave danger. I may mean nothing to her but she means everything to me.

When the car turns around the corner, I look longingly at her. She parks and gets out, looking around agitated. I run to her and I take her in my arms.

"They could be watching," she whispers.

"I don't give a fuck. After all, you did go for condoms so..." I tangle my fingers in her hair and pull her for a wet kiss.

She needs it as much as I do. Her strained body relaxes and she lets go in my arms. She dives into the kiss violently and I lap her passion up. When we break the kiss, we are both breathless.

"Fuck, I want to take you to bed so bad right now," I cup her face. "But Tor needs to see you."

She nods and walks to the door. I take her hand in mine and she looks at our twined fingers. And like she did before, she accepts it and my heart melts.

"You did well, angel. You did really well. I am proud of you," I kiss her forehead and I lead her inside.

I can hear the voices and screams from the Thing as they resonate in the empty bar. This is not a time for a party. The thralls have been sent to look after the Valkyries while the rotters and the hang-arounds were told to stay away for today.

The tension at the Thing is high. And it all has to do with the mole in our midst. Treason is not taken lightly amongst the Riders and we are all on the edge. I push the door open and gently let Magda in. She looks at me as I guide her in our inner sanctum and frowns.

"It's OK," I smile. "You made a few non-believers swallow their tongues."

Magda gives me a small smile and walks in while Bjorn is raging.

"This is on you, Tor. You should have let me kill him when he dared hurt my woman."

"I know. I was so busy with the shit we've been dealing back then, the Toltecs, me becoming King, getting rid of Haf, the deal with the ATF. I never thought..." Tor is broken. "He was following Haf's orders. That's all he's been doing his whole life. Serving his King was his sole purpose. I hoped that with Haf out of the way..."

"What? That he'd be loyal to you? That asshole was sent to kill Ava! If my woman was anything less than what she is, she would be dead. FUCKING DEAD! And it was partly his fault that she was shot. I almost lost my Valkyrie to that traitor! And now he helped those assholes that dared come after her again? And my daughter? I will skin the motherfucker alive."