27. Breathe

Runner

Runner

"My beloved". She says it more than once these past few days. She says it with her "good morning", she says it when I kiss her, she says it when we go for rides, leaning into my ear. And I hear her. 

I hear her deep into the depths of my soul. She gives so little so slow as if she aims to make me an addict. Right when I think that this is as far as she'll go with me, she gives a little more and I am hooked even deeper than before.

She stirs in my arms, her back flash against my front as we lay naked in bed. Have I ever told her that she is the first woman that I have shared a room with for more than one night? I am not cold as Tor that kicks them out before his dick has dried but I wasn't going to let them stay either and get ideas in their heads. But with her here, in my arms, I feel different. This is right, this is good, I'd die a happy man if I were to wake up with her in my arms for the rest of our lives. But she'll leave.

The dark thought creeps in and disperses all happy, soft thoughts like the wind blows out a candle. She will not share a bed or life with me. She will leave again. Maybe she will come back from time to time, fuck and then leave but she will never stay. I take one deep breath and I let it out.

"Get up," I say in her ear. "I got a surprise for you."

I withdraw from her first and I jump on my feet. I put my clothes on and so does she. When I move to the door and ask her to give me her hand she pouts.

"Come on, Mags, don't you like surprises?"

"I have yet to experience one that hadn't blow up in my face," she frowns.

"Do you trust me?"

A bright light comes to her eyes and a wide smile blooms on her lips. She may not love me but she does trust me and I will take it if that's all that she can give. She then moves and takes my hand.

"Are we going for a ride?"

"Do you want to go for a ride?"

She shrugs as if indifferently but her cheeks blush. Fuck, she likes being on the back of my bike. And she fucking belongs there.

"I will take you for a ride after. If you still want to," I pull her by the waist to me.

We go out to the bar and the place is packed. Tor wants all the men close and he thinks that this shit with the drugs would be an excellent opportunity to see which of our hang-arounds will move to be our thralls and which of our thralls will join our brotherhood. Most of them are gathered around in the far corner of the bar.

"Hey!" I yell. "Get the fuck away from there!"

I move towards there with long strides and Magda by my side and everyone opens a path as we go. And then we reach the center of attention.

"Oh. My. God!" Magda unglues from my side and takes a few steps. "I can't believe it. You did this?"

I shrug and smile. She said she wanted a pool table so she was going to have a fucking pool table no matter what. I ordered the damn thing and all else needed and I got them come in first thing in the morning.