CHAPTER 30

Date:19 November, 2017

Sorry for the late update. I don't get enough time due to college. Plus, Days in autumn are too short. My winter vacations will start from 11th december in sha allah and after that, there will be frequent updates....Promise!

----------

Amaan, Haya and Amreen had decided to hide the whole scenario of abduction from their families. But, one look at Amaan's face and their families extorted even the paltry detail of their sweet venture.

"And you didn't even cared to call the police?" Ibrahim directed towards Amreen

"There was no need. We had him. Involving police would have just complicated the matter"

"What do you think you are? Batman?" Sabreena assented

"No. Nameer was with us. So it was fine"

"So is Nameer Batman?"

"What is with you and Batman?" Amreen frowned.

"You kids wouldn't have even cared to mention all this to us if it wasn't for Amaan's bruised face. What if something more terrible than this might have happened?" Ibrahim accosted

Realizing that his sister was being attacked by both of his parents, Amaan decided to hop in the matter "But nothing wrong happened Dad. Can't we just drop this now?"

After bit more of scoldings and censures towards Nadir, they had finally let go of the topic and Amaan retired to his room. He checked his phone to see Haya's text flashed on screen.

'Sorry for today. Get well soon! You don't look handsome with bruised face :) '

The whole day flashed in his mind

Haya's promise to him

The punches and the kicks

And

Haya about to sign the papers

He glanced at the text one more time before keeping the phone aside without bothering to reply and succumbed to sleep

♥♥♥♥♥

The next day, Haya sat in the balcony attached to her room with the book she was reading. Her eyes flickered to her phone every now and then, waiting for any text or call from Amaan. She had called him too many times to keep the count and even texted him but he hadn't bothered to answer. This increased her level of frustration. Samreen had left after apologizing, which Haya didn't accepted. She needed time and the conversation went way too bitter.

"I am Sorry Haya" Samreen had said

"I know you are but i don't care"

"I comprehend your behaviour and i know i deserve this. I am leaving"

"I am glad"

But Haya wasn't really glad. She felt sick. Trusting someone is like leaving a part of yourself as hostage and when the trust is broken, that part dies with it and leaves us broken in ways noone can comprehend. Had she not trusted Samreen, she wouldn't have been this much disheartened. The damage Samreen had caused was way beyond recovery and no forgiveness could cure it. But she knew she had to forgive her some day for her own sanity which she was losing because of Samreen as well as Amaan.

"I have been finding you all around the house" Zayer's voice interrupted Haya's agonizing thoughts and she looked behind to find him standing there.