CHAPTER 14

Date:31 july, 2017

The day had finally arrived. Today was the Nikah. Haya glanced at the dress laid before her on bed. It was a beautiful peach coloured gown with heavy embroidery. It was amazing. Any girl would drool over such wedding dress. The only problem was Haya wasn't accustomed to heavy dresses. If it was possible, she would just sit in her loose cotton shalwar kameez or pyjamas. Compromising with her comfort level wasn't her thing but so wasn't dying at the very young age and that too by her Mother's hands.

"Come in" Haya shouted as there was the knock on her door.

The door opened, revealing her cousin from her Mother's side, Samreen, who was one year younger than Haya.

Against Haya's wish, Shahana had invited each and every relative. The house was fully packed and Haya knew better than stepping out of her room. She sometimes felt anti social but she preferred herself that way only.

"Are you still staring at dress?" Samreen asked

"There is still time to get ready" Haya shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

"No there isn't. Your Nikah is in three hours" Samreen said

"So what? It will hardly take me an hour to get ready" Haya replied and opening one of the drawers of her study desk, she grabbed snickers from it.

She laid down on the bed and started eating it.

"Fine. Let me just tell Shahana khala about your plans of not getting ready yet" Samreen said and turned to leave

Haya jerked up from her bed " No! Sam Stop!" She yelled, making Samreen smirk as she turned back at Haya with Smirk still etched on her face

How much Haya wished to punch that smirk off her face.

"You little filthy piece of blackmailer" Haya stood up, frowning

"Aww. Is our bride scared of her mother?" Samreen joked

"No. I am scared of her over dramatic mode which will be active once she finds out that i am not budging to get ready" Haya scowled.

Samreen laughed at Haya's poor self, deepening Haya's frown which had been on her face since what seemed like eternity now.

"Then lets get started. I am so excited to do your make up!" Samreen exclaimed

Haya rolled her eyes but nevertheless, agreed.

Samreen was the only cousin with whom Haya was bit comfortable. She didn't get along with her other cousins, not that she didn't fit in. Its just she never tried to. She was happy and comfortable with small number of people around her. And she was glad that Samreen could do everything from hair to make up. She didn't wanted anyone else in her room.

After two and a half hours, Haya was ready. She wondered what took so long but when she looked at her reflection in the mirror, her jaw dropped down. She couldn't recognize herself. She was astonished at what the touch of make up could do. She had never looked so pretty. Not that she wasn't. She was and she knew she was ok looking. She had never been insecure about her looks but looking at herself today, she realised how much of her beauty was hidden till now.