CHAPTER 15

Date: 4 August 2017

Amaan stepped in Haya's place with Nameer, only to be attended by unfamiliar faces. He had stayed back in Mosque to pray even after everyone left except Nameer who decided to wait for his friend.

Amaan's eyes frisked for familiar faces and as his eyes landed on Shahana who was approaching towards him with a huge grin plastered on her face, he breathed in relief.

"Come on ladies, don't bother my son-in-law" she said as she reached near him and pulled all the woman away from him.

"Isn't my son-in-law the most handsome man on this planet" She grinned

"Ofcourse" Amaan replied and Shahana pulled him in a hug.

"Welcome Habibi" She said and then greeting and hugging Nameer as well, she walked them in.

Amaan sat in drawing room for some time with Haya's and his family as well, talking to Haya's cousins and aunts and uncles, trying to get to know them. His eyes fell on Safeer and found him glaring at him and he couldn't stop the smirk from appearing on his face.

"What's with this smirk?" Nameer asked

"Its a smirk of victory" Amaan replied, his eyes still on Safeer

"Victory?" Nameer asked, raising his eyebrow in question.

"Long story"

Amreen walked towards her brother, smiling cheekily and hugged him.

"Congratulations" She exclaimed

"Thanks fatso" Amaan replied

"I am not fat" She frowned

"Keep saying that to yourself" Amaan teased and both, Amaan and Nameer started laughing at her irritated face.

"Atleast leave your annoying self today"

"Nada. Not gonna happen"

"Whatever. Now come on, its time to meet your bride" Amreen said and blush crept through Amaan's cheeks and ears, making him look like a big tomato.

"Oh my god! Look who's blushing?" Amreen teased.

"I don't blush. Thats the girl thing"

"Keep saying that to yourself" Amreen sticked her tongue at him.

"Lets go. Shall we?" Amaan stood up, ignoring Amreen who has been using his comebacks against him only.

"Sure despo" She grinned gaining a glare from Amaan. But he knew better than bickering with her right now. She would continue with her teasings, embarrassing him.

Amreen left him in mid and he walked alone till he reached the door. He was about to knock when he heard her talking to someone.

"Sam, you stay here please. Don't leave me alone" Haya's whining voice reached his ears.

"I want to be a lot of things. But third wheel ain't one of them. Sorry!" Samreen replied

"You are the meanest cousin. I am scared. Please stay"

"Are you crazy. He is your husband. He is not caniaballistic. So don't worry. And let go of my hand now. You are acting like a kid" Samreen said

Amaan laughed, although in low pitch so they won't hear. Only if Haya knew he was also a nervous wreck right now.

Finally deciding not to eavesdrop anymore, he softly knocked on the door with his knuckles.

Samreen opened the door and smiled widely at Amaan.