CHAPTER 17

Date: 3 september, 2017

Flashback: 6 years ago:

"Look what i got for you!!" Amaan exclaimed as he showed her the big box of snickers.

But contrary to what he expected, Haya didn't even look at him or the box of her first love.

Sighing, Amaan sat beside her.

"Its just six years Haya. They will pass in blink of an eye" Amaan said

Haya glared at him and then blinked.

"See? I blinked. But six years are yet to pass" She yelled.

"Haya it was a metaphor for it's not that long" Amaan said, trying to hide his smile. Although he was sad but he was also amused by Haya's reaction.

"Your metaphors aren't going to make me feel better. They don't work in real life."

"I know. But distance doesn't matter. Its not like i wanted to go. I am also going to miss you. But, sometimes you just got to do things you don't want to. Plus, when i return, we will still be friends and i am going to stay in contact with you. You can still bore me to death with your stories over phone" Amaan said, making Haya punch him.

"Oww! Not today. At least be a bit merciful on me today. I am leaving in 2 hours."

Amaan's phone started ringing. He checked it to see Daila calling him.

"Its Daila" He said

"Ok. So? Pick up her call. I will go out" Haya was about to leave when Amaan stopped her.

"No. Stay. I am not gonna pick it up"

"Why?"

"You told me to make it Halaal"

"Well you can say goodbye to her before leaving. It's not like you are going to meet her in these years."

"You are right." Amaan picked up the call and talked whilst Haya waited for him to hang up.

"She wants to meet me. She said she has something really very important to say"

"Ok. Then go meet her." Haya shrugged her shoulders

"What? I am leaving in 2 hours."

"So? Just meet her and come back in an hour or two. Plus she told you she has something important to say" Haya replied

"But what about my packing? I am yet to pack my books." He said, pointing towards his books.

"You are the first person in the history of the world who is packing just few hours before he is leaving. Don't worry. Go i will do it" Haya said