CHAPTER 8

Date:7 June, 2017

So Sorry for the late update.I am having writers block, plus its Ramadan, so its not easy to update.But now, here is the small chapter.Hope its worth the wait
》》》》》》》》》》》》

Amaan was sitting in living room with his family.His parents wanted to talk to him.He was so scared as he thought about all the wrongs he has done but when he saw his parents in good mood, he sighed in relief.

"So what is it?" He asked, as Sabreena and Ibrahim fumbled with the words.

"Look Amaan, you are now 23 and i think its high time that you should get married" Ibrahim said.

Amaan's eyes widened in shock.Out of all the things he had thought, this was beyond his thinking.He looked at Amreen who was smiling cheekily.

'Ofcourse she would be happy.What could make a girl more happy than the wedding' Amaan thought.

"Oh my God!! Your marriage? I am so excited.I can't wait to shop." Amreen chirped excitedly

"Here they are planning to get me hitched and all you could care about is your shopping" Amaan frowned and then added "and sorry to break your bubble, i am not getting married" He looked at his parents with a horrified expression all over his face.

"Dad, with marriage comes responsibilities and i don't think i am ready for that yet" He said

"Tell me one thing Amaan? For which responsibility are you ready? When i asked you to join the business, you said you aren't ready and now when we want you to get married, you are again using the same excuse.The truth is you are avoiding all the responsibilities.You are not able to give upon your carefree life" Ibrahim said in a strict tone.

Amaan knew his father was right.He was running away from all of his responsibilities.He was scared of the thought of getting married and handling business.

"I know but--"

"But you won't be able to run away anymore.Now is the time that your actions should match your age" Ibrahim said, interrupting whatever Amaan was about to say

"Whats that supposed to mean?" Amaan frowned

"It means that you need to grow up and live your life maturely" Ibrahim replied

Amaan glared at Amreen who was snickering at his poor self.

"Sisters like you belong in zoo" he muttered loud enough for Amreen to hear.

"And brothers like you should be banned" She snapped back

"And sisters like you---"

"Look this is what i was talking about..Grow up Amaan!!" Ibrahim said

"Sorry Dad" Amaan said, passing a deathly glare to Amreen.

"Ok so lets get back to your marriage topic" Sabreena said excitedly

Amaan looked at them with the best innocent face he could make but noone budged.

"We wanted to know if there is anyone you want to marry?" Ibrahim asked

"N..No" He stuttered, feeling a bit embarrassed.

Ibrahim wasn't that typical desi strict father but still, Amaan didn't expected him to ask him this question.Even if he had anyone in mind, he wouldn't dare to speak in front of his Father.

"Good..Then we have already found someone" Sabreena exclaimed, clapping her hands

Amaan looked shockingly at his mother " Already found? Seriously? When is the wedding then? Tomorrow?" Amaan said sarcastically.