Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Cole's POV

One more tree, one more bush.

She had to be there.

I take a bite out of yet another energy bar. I honestly had no idea why they called them 'energy' bars. It sucked my energy more than giving me it.

I had been out for days, a week tops. My clean shaven face was covered in stubble, getting longer still which annoyed me.

She's gone. Dead.

The voice never stopped.

"SHE ISN'T DEAD!" I scream throwing my head back. I drop to the ground. "She can't be dead."

I squeeze my eyes together, trying to remember her. Her scent, her bright colored personality, her laugh...

"God I hate you!" I exclaim, laughing and pulling her close.

She fake pouts and mumbles, "You really hate me?"

"Oh I don't know, you give me no choice other wise." I say smirking and trying not laugh.

I push her closer to the edge of the river. We had come to the river to think about stuff. I guess we failed at that.

"Babe, don't let me fall." She says I could tell she was nervous, I wouldn't hurt her.

"I would let you fall alone!" I say laughing and twirl us around so my back is to the river instead.

"Time for a swim babe!" I say before smashing my face into hers and jumping into the river from behind.

She bursts out laughing as we splash into the water. The water instantly soaking both of us, she let's go and swims to surface.

I follow quickly and we break surface at the same time. "I needed that." She says smiling at me. "We both did." I say grinning back.

"You're my hero Cole." She says giggling and I stretch my arms in a superman pose.

"Nothing happens to my people! You won't be harmed my little lady!" I exclaim hugging her...

I smile, I couldn't help it, that was one of my favorite days.

Too bad I hadn't been able to keep that promise.

A loose tear trails down my face and I quickly wipe it away.

I can't go back until I find her.

I can't go back...

---

Lauren's POV

I bolt up and scan around me. The room was dark, the only light was the dim light of the moon.

Angel laid snoring lightly beside me. It wasn't just a dream, I already knew it wasn't, but that didn't stop giving me hope.

I slide carefully out of the bed and I walk limply to the doorway. I look back and forth through the hallway.

No one was there, strange.

Someone was usually up since this place wasn't necessarily the most comforting place. I could hear slight breaths and snores but no voices.

I take a shaky step into the hallway, this wasn't normal. For this place anyway.

I peek into Katherine and Ma's rooms, Katherine was sleeping but Ma was missing.

"M-ma...?" I whisper, practically begging for her to be here.

No answer. Where could she be? She can't just walk out, I would've already done that if I could.

The disappearance left a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. Was she dead?

I gulp shakily and turn to the unopened door at the end of the hall. I couldn't just go though this stuff right?

I'll ignore that thought.

I clumsily twist the rusty knob. What was this place?

It was an old storage room, it had been painted like a kids room, but the paint was badly stripped and peeling. Chests, toy chests lined the badly painted walls.

And a single doll house sat in the corner across from me.

The scary thing was, it was the doll house that was replicated.

And my doll was sleeping in the bedroom with Louise. It hadn't been updated.

The Ma doll was missing...

----------------------------------------------

Ooooh Mystery!!

Sorry it was short again, I'm having a slight writers block!

Major EEERRRGH MOMENT!!!

Hope you enjoyed!

Comment Share and Vote!