Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Lauren's POV

He was going to kidnap that poor woman that was on the bottom floor.

I just knew it.

He wasn't one to have a girlfriend and 4 girls.

Katherine had been bawling for the past week. Keeping Angel and me awake for ages.

"Katherine?" I ask, her cries had fallen silent. She raises her head from her knees.

"She's really gone isn't she?" She asks blankly. I look away and bite my lip.

"Yes, I'm sorry Katherine." I say sitting next to her on the couch. "It's fine, how much do you think it will take to get him to kill me?" She asks turning to me.

"Katherine no, you're the last person that knows what to do here. I need you." I beg.

"Don't you see? I don't know! Ma knew, and she would help me. I need her." She wails, bursting back into tears. I pull her into a hug, "You have me Katherine, were all in this together."

Angel sits awkwardly on the other small couch and stays silent. "Lauren?" Her small voice asks and I pull away from Katherine's tight hug.

"Yea Angel?" I say turning to face her. "Do you think Cole will find us?" She asks with curiosity in her eyes.

I forgotten how she had gotten kidnapped. Cole.

My heart starts to ache, I missed him terribly, I had known him since middle school, 7th grade in fact.

---

I sigh, it was the first week of my 7th grade year. I was already sitting among the outcasts in lunch, like every year.

Until one of the 'cool' guys changed that.

"Hey pretty girl!" I hear one of the guys call, thinking he's talking to the girls that were with his group.

My friends turn around from our table to them and they nudge me. "What?" I ask them and they point behind me.

I turn around to see a gorgeous guy with dark brown hair, tan skin, and stunning hazel eyes. "Hey gorgeous, you finally answered." He says smirking.

"My name is Lauren." I say, almost whispering. I didn't want him calling me gorgeous all the time.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl," He says sweetly, "Want to sit with me?" He clears the spot next to him and beckons me to sit.

I look back at my friends and they all had encouraging looks on their faces. It was a good thing I wasn't super close to any of them.

I awkwardly walk over with my tray and he beams at me. "I'm Cole, what's your next hour, Lauren." He says my name all silky and smooth. He seemed to be too nice and mature for this group of guys.

"Um, uh, Schmitt." I say and he smiles, "Same here, how could I have not seen you there?" He says kindly and I blush.

9th grade:

"Okay so you guys how been together?" My new friend Lila asks.

"Almost 2 years!" Cole exclaims happily, sliding his arm around my shoulders. I lean my head on his shoulder.

"And you haven't kissed?" She pries and my face turns into a deep red. Cole chuckles slightly and turns as red as I was.

"Come on! Please, for a friend?" She begs leaning over the table and pouting. All the kids at our table lean in too with smiles going ear to ear.

Cole leans into me and presses his lips into mine, catching me off guard. The kids cheer, my face still as red as a tomato.

His arm slides down to my waist making me smile awkwardly.

---

"Lauren?"

I jump as Angel's voice rips me from my daydream.

"Oh sorry! I think he might." I say, a sigh covering most of my words.

She smiles with a sliver of hope, I'll let it stay with her for now.

A loud banging snaps our heads to the hallway where the door should be. The bastard walks in a with big smile on his disgusting face.

"Hello darlings, were going to have a game tonight okay?" He says walking into the room. Katherine and I's eyes meet with the same fear.

Puppets.

He grabs Katherine's wrists and wraps the wire around her scarred wrists and ankles. He does the same to me, before he evens starts I can feel the wires squeezing through my flesh.

Angel's expression goes from hopeful to terrified. "NO! PAPA NO!" She screams running from her place on the couch and kicking him in the shin.

His eyes glaze over and hate fills his eyes. "DONT YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT! YOU DISRESPECTFUL BITCH!" He yells kicking her in the stomach.

She topples over crying and screaming as he kicks her away.

"One more word and you will go into storage!" He yells and she silences her cries. She was still silently crying and shaking.

He angrily grabs the wires, almost ripping my arms further from their sockets and twisting them around.

Katherine howls in the same pain as I do. He yanks our arms and legs up and down. Until Katherine screams loud enough for the whole country to hear.

He drops the wires and flops down on the couch.

I could hear him mumbling, "Ma, I need Bailey, to be whole, to show mother."

Angel gets up shakily and undoes the wires on our bloody wrists and ankles. "Girls be good, I'm taking a phone call." He says plainly and I could hear him on the phone.

"Hello Bailey, come over?"

---------------------------------------------

A little look into Lauren and Coles past!

By the way, do you like the new cover?

I would really like your opinions! Comment if you can, your input would be greatly appreciated!

Do you want Bailey kidnapped or no?

Anyway, comment share and vote!