S

Soulmates ~ Christie_19_books

The locket that hung around his neck was his most protected item. It's silver tinted metal that was outlined by gold was beautiful, but the thing that was housed inside it was way more beautiful. Inside the locket lived a picture of his soulmate.

His soulmate who he had yet to meet.

Kurt Hummel remembered the first time he'd been told about the soulmate lockets. Everyone in the world had one and inside every single locket was a photo of the owner's soulmate, their one true love, the love of their life, the person they were destined to meet and fall in love with. The lockets were locked shut, unable to be opened until the moment two soulmates met. And then, and only then, the lockets would spring open.

Kurt had longed to meet his soulmate for as long as he could remember. The idea of being destined for only one person in the whole sea of people that was planet earth set his romantic heart fluttering with a constant nervous and excited energy.

Kurt Hummel believed in soulmates. And he was so ready to meet his soulmate.

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Blaine Anderson on the other hand, well, let's just say he agreed with the smaller percentage of the world's population who believed soulmates were a load of shit.

How was it that out of every person in the whole world, you were only destined for one person? One person out of everyone.

And the probability of finding that one person was even less likely than the probability of soulmates being real.

Despite his strong disbelief, Blaine still kept his locket. However, his locket stayed securely in his pocket where he could keep a firm grip on it, just in case he was wrong and there really was a special someone out there just waiting eagerly to meet him.

Though he seriously doubted that.

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

"I for sure thought he would be the one!" Rachel cried, walking into her and Kurt's shared apartment and shutting the door behind herself.

"That's what you said last time, and the time before that, and the time before that and-"

"Okay, okay." Rachel held a hand up, "I get it. I just really want you to find that special someone, y'know? Finding your soulmate it's- it's just indescribable. You just-"

"Yes, I know Rach, you cant describe it, you say the same thing every time." Kurt sighed, "But I'm destined to meet my soulmate. I love you and I appreciate what you're doing but really- it'll happen when it happens."

"Right, sorry, you're right."

"Okay, I know we just got back, but Jesse wants me to go meet this guy he's gonna be working with and I don't really want to go alone so-" Rachel trailed off, smiling at Kurt expectantly.

Kurt rolled his eyes before nodding, turning around to slip his coat on and soon enough they were out of the door and inside a taxi and on their way to a coffee shop.

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

"Why exactly are we meeting this guy in a coffee shop?" Kurt frowned.

"Why exactly are you questioning everything?" Rachel retaliated, enjoying the look on Kurt's face.

"Whatever, lets just go inside."

They walked in, Kurt moving to the till to order their coffees whilst Rachel went over to the table she'd seen the man she was meeting sat at.

After he'd ordered the coffees and collected them on a blue tray, Kurt walked over to the table where he set the tray down and placed Rachel's coffee in front of the girl and his at the seat next to her, not noticing the way the short man opposite Rachel practically froze in his spot as his eyes landed Kurt.

Rachel noticed however, frowning at the man who's mouth dropped open and his eyes widened as he stared up at Kurt as if the boy had just offered him a million dollars.

Rachel knew that look, she remembered that same look on Jesse's face. Grinning broadly, Rachel tapped her fingers on the table excitedly, waiting for Kurt to sit down and look at Blaine for the first time.

And he did, Kurt sat down next to Rachel, smiling at the girl before picking up his coffee cup, holding it to his lips before raising his eyes to look at Blaine over his coffee cup. The second Kurt's blue eyes met the hazel eyes of the stranger opposite him, which were somehow familiar despite Kurt having never seen them, Kurt began choking.

He barely held back his urge to spit his coffee out, instead choosing to swallow the hot liquid too fast, causing him to cough harshly, Rachel patting him on the back, not even attempting to hide the grin on her face.

Eventually Kurt had calmed down and he looked back up to the man who had also calmed down and was watching Kurt with an amused smile.

"I'm Blaine." Blaine smiled, holding out a hand which Kurt gladly took in his, shivering at the shock of electricity that ran through his veins when their hands touched.

The hand that wasn't still gripping Kurt's hand reached into his blazer pocket, wrapping around the locket and finding it propped open.

"Kurt." He nodded, grinning across at Blaine who stared bashfully back.

Maybe soulmates were real after all.

Props to thereekofgleek for the soulmate idea. I still need to figure out how many times she's helped me in this fic. She's helped me so much I could probably call this a collab book 😂

Anyway I hope this was okay Christie_19_books