D

Dial ~ Christie_19_books

Blaine checked himself over again in his mirror as he held his phone against his cheek, waiting for Artie to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Artie, hi!" Blaine smiled, straightening his bow tie, "I was just calling to ask what time we need to be there again?"

"Oh, sorry man, I don't even know. I'm just waiting for Kitty to pick me up." There was a pause before Artie added, "Why don't you call her? She'll know what time you should leave and get there."

"Oh, ok. I don't have her number actually, what is it?"

After copying down the number, Blaine ended the call and went to create a new contact with the number.

He pressed call and lifted the phone to his ear, waiting no longer than 2 rings before Kitty picked up.

But the voice that answered was definitely not Kitty's, "Hello?"

"Hi, who is this?"

"Uh, hi, this is Kurt."

"Kurt from glee? It's Blaine."

The boy laughed, "I know, I have your number, remember?"

"I know." Blaine blushed.

"Why were you so surprised when you realised it was me then?"

"I didn't actually call you, I tried to call Kitty but I didn't have her number so Artie gave it to me. I must have typed something in wrong because now I'm talking to you." Blaine shrugged, before realising Kurt couldn't see him.

"And now you're talking to me." Kurt agreed, "Are you going to the fair with everyone tonight?"

Blaine sat on the edge of his bed, rubbing his knee with one hand and nodding before closing his eyes when he realised Kurt couldn't see him again, "Yes, yeah, I'm going. Are you?"

"I don't know, I'm not a big fan of crowds or busy places or just people in general, to be honest with you."

Blaine laughed, "I understand but you should come! It'll be fun, everyone's going."

"I'm pretty sure Jake's not going."

"No, he is now, Marley convinced him." Blaine fell back so he lay on his bed, "Please come, I'll keep you company."

Kurt laughed softly, "What makes you think I'm willing to brave the outdoor world full of extroverts and socialising just to have your company?"

"Because my company is the best, its to die for. Everyone wants a bit of my company." Blaine grinned when he heard Kurt's laugh ring through the phone, "But, seriously, please come. It wouldn't be the same without you."

"We hardly even talk, you wouldn't even notice if I wasn't there."

"Now, this may come as a surprise to you, but I actually do care about you."

Kurt gasped dramatically, "No! Really?"

Blaine rolled his eyes fondly, "Yes, really. And I really would miss you if you weren't there."

"Blaine, in all honesty here, we hardly ever talk. And when we do it's only about glee and it's only in the choir room and occasionally at the lunch table. Why do you want me to come so much?"

Blaine's mouth open and closed a couple times, trying to find the words to say before he cleared his throat and spoke, "I, uh, I just- I don't know, there's just something about yo- and, well, umm. You just-"

Kurt broke Blaine off with an adorable giggle that had Blaine grinning at, "English, Blaine."

"I- well, uh, ok, look." Blaine sighed, "I know we hardly ever talk and all that you said but I admire you, y'know?" When Kurt didn't answer, Blaine continued, "I- you're so strong and keep your head held high no matter what, you never let those Neanderthals see you break a sweat and I- well, I love that about you."

Blaine snapped his mouth shut before he said anything else and made this whole thing worse than it already was. The silence that hung in the air would have normally had Blaine checking to see if Kurt was still there, if it weren't for the steady breathing he could still hear coming from the other side of the phone.

Kurt finally spoke up after what felt like hours, "So, what're you saying?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well," Kurt cleared his throat and Blaine heard him taking a deep breath before continuing, "Friends don't just say they love something about the other, especially not friends who aren't even really friends."

Blaine nodded before slapping his forehead when he remembered Kurt still couldn't see him, "I guess-" Blaine broke himself off, squeezing his eyes shut tight and swallowing his nerves, "Maybe we're more than friends."

"Best friends? I don't think so, we hardly even talk to each other and-"

"No." Blaine laughed nervously, "No, I mean, like, more than best friends."

"Oh." Kurt breathed out, "You mean, like, BFFs."

"Kurt." Blaine whined, grinning when the boy laughed loudly.

"Sorry, sorry ."

"You just completely ruined the moment."

"Aw, there was a moment?"

"Yes, just before. That was a moment."

"We we're having a moment?" Kurt cooed.

"Shut up." Blaine laughed, rubbing a hand over his face.

They fell silent again and Blaine smiled softly to himself, he didn't quite understand why this felt so easy. He and Kurt had never spoken for more than 20 minutes and yet, here they were, having a conversation and teasing each other like they'd never been anything but friends. Things just came so easy with Kurt.

I APOLOGISE ON BEHALF OF MYSELF

I was stupid enough to leave this to the last minute, again, and the majority of this chapter was written last night when I was pretty much falling asleep on top of my laptop, So lets hope that explains all the shittiness.

And lets give a quick round of applause to thereekofgleek for giving me her ideas when my inspiration ran away 👏👏

Ik this wasn't exactly what you wanted, but I hope you somehow still liked this Christie_19_books