Chapter 12

Alexis pov

Cole and I sat by a lake. A glossy lake surrounded with thick willow trees and shrubbery. It was magical as the sun shone threw the cracks in between the trees leaves that were swaying in the cool breeze. Cole and I were submerged in complete serenity, peace.

I looked toward the lake, glistening in the sun, wondering if I could take a dip. A lake so cool, so refreshing, seemed sinful to those like myself, baking in the sun.

I slid off my shoes looking toward Cole for a split second before dipping my feet into the chilled water, relishing the soothing feeling that washed over my scorching skin.

Just as I was about to slip into the water (still fully clothed) a growling could be heard in the distance. I immediately jumped up with Cole and steeled myself into attack mode.

Cole stood protectively in front of me as we treated toward the territory lines. As we breached the perimeter we were shocked by what we saw. Four wolves.

Three wolves were freakishly large and one was our border patrol. 'They must have cause him during the patrol shift', Cole linked me. One of the freakishly large wolves, the grey one, held our warrior by the throat forcing him to submit.

The patrol wolf refused to submit but before anything else could happen we stepped out from our hiding places.

We growled threatening our wolves showing themselves in our eyes as we growled. I looked at coal and asked, 'should we shift?'. 'Yes' , he replied. And so we did. I shifted feeling my bones crack and mould into my wolf form, my skin stretching over my form and fur coating my large body.

I stood side by side with Cole's wolf evenly matched with his size. Cole growled threatening at our attackers but they seemed to be focused on only one thing, me. Or more specifically my flank.

I scoffed, well it sounded more like a sneeze in my wolf form, but how dare they. Come onto my, I mean Cole's, territory and threaten our pack and then have the audacity to stare at my flank.

I growled and started advancing as Cole finally realised what was bothering me. He took a few steps more then me and stood above me causing me to crouch underneath him. As he was placed over me protectively my crouch was anything but scared. It was lethal, threatening.

Cole prepared to lunge but halted when out of nowhere all three of the wolves shifted simultaneously. The black wolf shifted into a tall dark haired man with bright blue eyes who was older than us maybe late thirties. The white wolf shifted into a petite woman with a blond pixie cut and glowing green eyes also older than us maybe late thirties as well. Finally the grey wolf shifted into a boy maybe a year or two older than me with dark hair like the other man but fluorescent green eyes.

I watched them carefully but a curiosity edged onto my face as I saw the woman's eyes well up with tears. She turned to the blue eyed male and stuffed her face into his chest as her mate, I think, addressed us.

"Hello Little Wolf I think we have some catching up to do"

_________________

I hope you enjoy I just wanted to give you something but I'm pretty busy at the moment so updates might be slow but I hope you enjoyed this and I'm sorry to give you a cliffhanger but I thought this was a good place to stop.

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Milliexx

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED