Chapter : [ 1 ]

New Kids At School
___________________

Sky hits her alarm and it exploded into a bunch of little tiny pieces. She groans and gets out of bed, heading down stairs with a broken alarm clock in her hands. This was the third time this week she's broken her alarm clock.

"Again?" Sky groans and lays her head on the kitchen table. "Hey, chin up. It's gonna get better."

"When?" She asks, picking her head up from table looking up at her mom whose making breakfast. "I had it to where I didn't have to worry about flare ups like this."

"I know you don't want to learn more about these gifts but why don't you learn to control them. Then you wouldn't have to worry about these flare ups?" Her mother asks, moving the a couple of pieces of bacon around in the pan.

Sky stayed quiet for a couple of seconds before answering, "Because these powers completely terrify me. I've tried to control them but it didn't work out to well, remember."

Images of the past float around in her head, of when she couldn't control it and it protected her out of focus.

Secretly she was tired of being scared all the time but she didn't trust herself. She didn't want to hurt anyone and she already blamed herself for everything that happened when her powers first started to manifest.

Her mother puts a plate in front of her and she digs in immediately. In a good ten minutes she finishes it and then heads back upstairs to get ready for school. Once upstairs she puts on a pair of skinny jeans, a baby blue t-shirt, and a pair of grey high top converse, after that she brushes her hair and throws her books in her book bag. She picks up her book bag and throws it over her shoulder before heading downstairs.

"Bye mom."

"Hey I'm working the late shift tonight so I won't be here when you get home." Mrs. Storm replies as Sky runs out of the apartment and down the street to catch up with MJ.

She's always walked to school with MJ, ever since Sky moved here and they became best they've walked to school. Always. So after catching up with MJ, MJ says to her, "Hey we're getting three new kids in our class."

"That's cool, I just hope they aren't total jerks like last time." Sky says ask they walk down street.

"Yeah, Charlie and Maddison were so mean so everyone. I hope their nice." MJ replies ask they get closer to the school.

"Hey do you think Peter's going to be late again today?" The two enter Midtown High and head to MJ's locker before heading to Sky's.

"I don't know, for his sake I hope not. He's always late." Sky grabs her books out of her locker and they head to their first class of the day, Math.

She takes her seat and gets her notebook out and waits for class to start. The teacher, Mrs. Charleston, puts a math equation on the board and she says, "Sky when the bell rings I want to see if you can solve this equation."

"Alright, Mrs. Charleston. Just out of curiosity why are you having me solve this equation?"

"I just want to see if you can solve it." She finishes the equation on the bored and when Sky looks back at MJ she's completely horrified at what's on the board. "What if I can't solve it?"

"I at least want you to try, Sky."

The bell rings and a bunch of students come pouring into the classroom, taking their seats. "Alright for those of you who are new I'm Mrs. Charleston. My expectations are right over there on the wall and I expect you to be right on time."

Mrs. Charleston nods at Sky and she gets up from her seat and heads over to the board grabbing a marker. "While she solves that equation, everyone else can get to work on your assignments that's underneath your desks. They're simple algebraic equations."

Sky starts to write on the board and as she writes it catches Sam's attention. Heck she caught his attention from the moment he walked into the room. He felt drawn to her and that's something that never happens.

A love sick smile forms on his face as he watches her write down the answer on he board. He had to know who she was, he just had to and by the end of the day he was going to know who she was.

When she finishes writing down the equation on board she turns around, her eyes meet Sams  and they lock. There was an instant connection between the two, they were drawn to each other. She sits down and pulls out the assignment from underneath her desk, finishing it 30 minutes before class ended.

The bell rings and everyone gets up out of their seats heading to their next class, everyone except for Sky that is. Mrs. Charleston want to talk to her.

"I want to know if you'd like to compete in the math olympics? I have the papers right here. Just think about, here are the papers." Mrs. Charleston says, handing her a packet.

She grabs the packet and leaves the classroom, heading to her locker. She grabs her books and head to the next class and await for the to ring.

After that class it's lunch time and Sky couldn't wait, She was super hungry and she couldn't wait to help MJ with her poster. After putting her books in her locker she gets her money and gets in the lunch line. She gets a hamburger and some fries, then pays for her food before heading over the table she shared with MJ, Peter, and Harry.

She sits down and begins to eat, MJ, Peter, and Harry soon join her. She dips a fry into a pile of ranch dressing before she plops it into her mouth. "So what did Mrs. Charleston have to talk to you about?"

"She just wants me to compete in the math olympics, that's all. I don't know if I'm going to do it." She replies, picking up her hamburger.

"Come on Sky you have to. You super smart when it comes to math." Peter says, then take a a drink of his soda.

"I don't know Pete, I'm not good under pressure you that." Sky takes a bite out of her hamburger.

The four continue to eat and when they finish they put up their trays. Sky and MJ get out MJ's banner and a ladder. Sky gets on the ladder and hangs up one side of the banner, then goes to the other side. She climbs up the ladder and goes to hang up the other side.

"Move it up a little." Sky does just that and the ladder starts to shake some but she ignores it. "That's perfect."

She pins it and takes a look at the banner, it did look perfect. A couple of kids run past the ladder and it tips causing Sky to fall off. She closes her eyes and waits for impact for the ground but it never comes, instead she felt arms break her fall. She reopens her eyes and they're met with soft blue ones.

Sam holds Sky in her in his arms. Electricity started to spark between them, not literally but  figuratively. Sam sets Sky on the ground and then asks, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, thanks for the save." She replies, giving him a small smile. "I'm Sky."

"Sam." He replies, returning her friendly smiles. He couldn't take his eyes off, he was to afraid he was going to miss something.

She could feel energy start to flow through her body, that was her cue to leave and that she did.

After running away from Sam, Sky runs to the bathroom and tries to get her hands to quit glowing. She closes her eyes and says in a whisper, "Just calm down."

She takes a deep breath in and then let it out shakily. Next time it was going to probably be a little harder to do than that.

A/N :

Some chapters will be longer than others some will be short. Just a heads up. This chapter seemed a little all over the place, what did you guys think?

-Arixa