Chapter 18

Layla P.O.V.

" La. " Toni said calling My name as I was walking to My car.

" Wassup?" I asked waiting for her to catch up.

" How you doing? " She asked.

" Alright I guess." I said.

" I'm here if you need me, ok? " She said.

" Okay thanks." I said She nodded And walking away. I went into My car And pulled off. I feel like they ain't feeling me no more, like how we use to hang out every weekend and stuff we don't even do that.

I pulled up at The same time as Daniel And his brother. Here we go. I got out The car grabbed My books And locked The car doors.

" Layla." Daniel said.

" Yes. " I said.

" I need help. " He said.

" Help with what? " I asked.

" Help with how to ask My Girl to prom. " He said.

" Nigga Prom aint until 5 months from now, you will figure it out." I said going into My house.

I think ima go clean My room And then do My homework. I just remembered Me And Randy took pictures The same exact time they said Randy killed Nook. I send My mama The pictures with The date on em.

" I just want My baby back is that so hard to ask?" I said to myself.Ine did this in a while but it's time for me to pray.

" La!! " My mama yelled as She came into The house.

" Yes!? " I yelled back running down The stairs.

" He has court tomorrow." She said.

" How's The case looking?" I asked her.

" Can't really talk about it, but I know I got this. " She said, I smiled.

" He wants you to be there. " She said.

" Well duh ofcourse ima be there. " I said.

" You missed him Alot huh?" She asked.

" Yesssss mama. " I said.

The nextttttt day.

" La I'll meet you at the Court house. " She said exiting The door.

" Alright." I said. I bought this dress it was peach fitted long skirt And a white crop top , I put on My gold sandals straightened My hair, I put ah little bit of gold eye shadow on And some lip gloss grabbed My peach And gold mk bags And I'm heading out.

I texted The crew And told them what was up, they said they coming. A hour later And I Arrived at The Court house I saw The crew sitting on The bench outside The room.

" Did it start yet? " I asked them.

" No they talking to somebody else right now." Dre said I nodded. My mama came out of no where.

" Sorry guys but only one of his friends can be there, La And somebody else." My mama said.

" I'll go. " Dre said.

" Alright y'all come on. " She said And we followed behind her in to The room. We sat in The first row as My mama stood infront of The judge. The cops came out with Randy in a suit.

He glanced at me, I smiled at him He smiled a little. I can tell that he's a little nervous.

Toni P.O.V.