Chapter 13

The barrage of photos that flooded every media outlet available the next morning solidified Bobbi's fate as a homebody for the remainder of their stay in the city. Her few run-ins up to that point did not dare hold a candle against the firestorm of a story that swept through the news as photo after photo showed undefinable proof that Bobbi King was in fact settling done.

Finally, was the general consensus of most editorials. A surprise appearance of her rumored boyfriend in her hometown after a week long business trip to New York was the cake for all the gossip sights. The obvious introduction between boyfriend and supposed father was the neat icing and the final kiss on the cheek in front of said father the bright red cherry on top.

Bobbi King was finally settling down.

The ever presence huddle of girls ranging in age from twelve years old to early twenties hanging about the street outside kept Bobbi behind doors for the rest of the week. The drop in temperature helped break the news and the sudden wave of inspiration after her day out with her father that sent her downstairs into the basement as soon as she returned helped pass the time.

Theo's range of motion reached further than Bobbi's did as he dare venture outside but never into the city. A small scream rang through the air the handful of times he did exit the brownstone, when the constant rotating crowd of fans were able to catch a glimpse of him before he jumped into the running cab headed for his parents house.

The bitter spring day allowed for a beanie and a scarf to help conceal his identity while he stood along the sidelines of his younger sisters's soccer game out in the suburbs. But his natural good looks still caught the eye of nearly every single young female soccer coach and the matches frequently ran into chaos that day under their supervision.

The three housemates had been blessed with Sam's appearance on the day of the interview but his contractual obligations drove his decision to attend more than his affection for his bandmates. It was the same every time they visited home and hurt feelings had been dealt with and set aside years before when the return trip to where ever they were suppose to be quickly reminded them just how much time they have to spend with one another.

Honor joined all of them for a pizza dinner after the interview finished, the interviewer himself digging in and helping foot the bill when his genial attitude got along with each of them and all conversation was deemed officially off the record.

Honor made Sam join in on the hangout session as well, grabbing his arm and holding him in place when he went to place one foot outside.

He was the first one to help clear away pizza boxes, paper plates and napkins when Alfie inevitably took the final slice. He had Honor's hand firmly in his a quick minute after that and the door shut behind them following a lighting round of farewells.

Rosie even made an appearance that week, against all of Alfie's pleas not to. Bobbi's influx of inspiration helped keep him busy. His main focus was continually arguing that their writing skills together were enough to complete every song Bobbi had started to write.

He finally conceded when he acknowledged they were both in fact hitting a brick wall, he was merely gaining a running start and charging straight back at it every time he knocked Bobbi's phone out of her hand when she started to dial Rosie's number.

Rosie's criticisms rang out through the basement studio but were filtered through a faint haze of bad reception as her innate hatred for the city of Boston kept her from grabbing a train northbound from her own hometown of Brooklyn.

By the end of the week, each of the housemates were ready to head back to work. LA was anther story, but the amount of work they were able to accomplish while housebound was a firm reminder of all they still had to do waiting for them on the West coast.