A Wedding Special

THIS IS NOT THEO AND BOBBI'S WEDDING SPECIAL! PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!

*Disclaimer* So I wrote this like a year ago and I thought I would share it will you guys just because. It is not Bobbi and Theo's wedding but it is Sam's.

To catch you up, in the last chapter I posted for this book (and trust me, I'm aware how long it's been since I've updated), I briefly mentioned that Sam got engaged. His wedding becomes a big plot point as the story goes on and occurs towards the end of the story, right before the big finale.

I wrote his wedding special way before I even knew how the rest of the story was going to play out. I just wanted to. I thought it would be fun. And it was. And I love what I wrote. Even re-reading it today for the first time in forever I still loved it. So, without further ado, I present to you "Sam's Wedding". Enjoy!

***********

The roar of the engine slowed down to a gentle purr as Theo decelerated and pulled off the highway. New England was pulling out all the stops and the sight that met them as they drove through the open iron gates was the finale.

The gravel avenue that stretched out before them was lined with trees. They stood no more than a few feet apart and each offered a variety of changing colors, their vibrancy even louder against the background of a high gray sky, threatening no rain, only there to act a canvas for the color show.

Bobbi barely found the capability to tear her eyes from the passing color as Theo sped on up the hill, the leaves flying by. She only turned when another sight altogether presented itself past Theo's profile.

The Atlantic Ocean roared just below them and beyond the steep cliff as they rose higher and higher along the road. The sound of crashing waves, breaking against the sharp rocks acting as the northern coastline for Massachusetts, left no room for any other conversation in the car.

Theo's eyes stayed dead ahead and only the slight hint of a smile at the corner of his lips and the squeeze of Bobbi's hand in his hand gave any sign that he noticed her now watching him, certain he was the prettiest out of all the sights offered to them.

At the top of the hill, the winding lane came to a dead end at the foot of a large manor set on the edge of the cliff and acting as watchmen for the rest of the mansions spotted throughout the coastline. Even the small islands spotted among the waves offered no rival to its height and majesty.

Rising high on an already high hill, the white manor occupied the majority of the plateau, leaving only space for sprawling lawns of neatly cut grass and scattered gardens. Its many windows acted as portals to the inside, the various balconies and patio doors open to let in the unseasonably warm October breeze.

The large stained glass windows that greeted each visitor acted as the eyes, their tall peaks looking out onto the horizon. They glanced down at Bobbi and Theo as their car rolled to a slow stop in front of the mansion, even the car feeling the sense of majesty the house demanded.

A loud horn coming from behind started the wheels forward again and Theo followed the directions presented to him by an awaiting parking attendant. The bustling crowd filling the grounds and enlivening the area with energy all wore the same as the parking attendant. Each set of black slacks, white button-downs, and maroon vests were neatly pressed and dressed right.

The mass of moving workers increased when Theo finally brought the car to a stop and set it in park outside a wall of doors, all open and emitting steam. Inside, a glimpse of the inner workings for such an occasion could be seen as people moved to and fro among the giant kitchen that sat just beyond the row of doors.

Bobbi exchanged a quick wide-eyed glance at Theo before following his lead and stepping out of the car. Their companion car took it's spot just next to theirs as Theo grabbed the garment bags hanging in the back. Rosie's low whistle voiced the sense of complete awe and wonderment Theo and Bobbi had held themselves. Her head leaned back in an attempt to catch a glimpse of where the house ended as it reached for the sky.