Chapter 10

Bobbi had just finished tying up the laces of her old converses when the car came to a slow, rolling stop. She sat back in her seat and passed her pair of heels over to Alex.

"Can you take these back to the house for me when you go?"

It took Alex a moment to look up from her phone and realize Bobbi was trying to talk to her. She glanced from Bobbi then to the black stilettos and nodded, grabbing the shoes and putting them down at her feet.

"You don't want to take them with you?" She asked, returning her gaze to her phone. Bobbi shook her head but Alex wouldn't have noticed.

"I don't have room."

Frank had already jumped out of the car, walking round and opening the trunk. Bobbi only added to the noise level as she too climbed out and the sound of cars and pedestrians, honking and shouting, replaced the calm silence she and Alex had sat in on the way over.

"You sure you don't want to come with us?" Bobbi asked. "A few days off won't get you fired."

She turned back and leaned into the car to grab her purse as she spoke to Alex. Releasing a sigh and finally setting her phone aside, Alex looked up and leaned forward.

"No. I've got work to do. I'll see you Tuesday. I'm sure you guys can survive a weekend without me."

Bobbi squinted her eyes and her expression cracked a smile in Alex's hard demeanor.

"You sure about that?" Bobbi asked.

"Sam will make sure you guys don't die. I'm certain about that."

Frank came to stand beside Bobbi, her bags in tow. Sending one last wave to Alex, Bobbi shut the car door and headed for the sliding glass doors that led inside the terminal.

The lack of paparazzi or any sort of prying eyes felt like a breath of fresh air. At such a late hour on a Friday night, guaranteed there were more exciting places to catch a celebrity then LAX. But Bobbi kept her pace fast irregardless as she crossed the large open air hall towards where an airport employee stood waiting.

"Miss King. So good to see you."

The woman immediately stepped up once she spotted Bobbi, her uniform immaculate and precise, reflecting the professionalism in her smile. She reached for the bags and Frank relented, turning to Bobbi as the hostess stepped aside.

"You did good this week, kid." He said, smiling down at her.

Bobbi shook her head, laughing softly.

"What do you constituent as 'good'? Cause all I can remember is a lot of screaming and a fair amount of Kleenex."

"You didn't murder him."

Bobbi shrugged, nodding.

"Just barely."

"I'll see you in a few days. Have fun, alright?"

Frank leaned over and wrapped Bobbi up in a quick bear hug, his massive frame enveloping her small one. Bobbi smiled back up at him before following the hostess. She was lead through security, lucky enough to hit a lull in the lines, and was soon enough following the airport employee through the double frosted glass doors marked VIP. Alfie and Sam both looked up as she came in and sent her nods in greeting.

"Bit fancy for a red eye, don't ya think, Bob?"

Bobbi rolled her eyes as Alfie snickered and set her suitcase down on the floor. Finding the complete opposite of the outfit she was still wearing from her night out, Bobbi headed for the nearest bathroom to change. Replacing her dark skinny jeans with workout pants and a sweater, Bobbi swept her hair to the side in a long braid, even going as far as to wash her face of any traces of makeup. Alex had insisted she bring her entire makeup kit but Bobbi glanced down at it with a smile on her face, the thought of it going untouched for the next 9 days bringing her a sense of peace.