Chapter 5

Bobbi refused to open her eyes. She drifted towards the land of wakefulness a nice 8 hours after laying her head down on her massive pillow. But her body was begging her to stay put.

She could hear movement outside her room when the first peaks of sunlight started to shine around the edges of the dark curtains covering the large glass windows. She heard people start moving out in the common room beyond her door, the sounds of early morning. She definitely heard Rosie lift herself out of the bed next to her own when the scent of coffee started wafting its way through the crack under the door.

Rosie thudded across the room, yawning extremely loud. Somehow she managed to barely open the door and let in the minimal amount of light so as to not bother Bobbi.

Bobbi kept her eyes closed and her head snuggled into the deep plush blankets, relishing in the fact that she didn't really have anywhere to be just yet and she could indeed lie there for awhile. She knew Alfie would demand she get up eventually. They still had work today but at least for a little while she could revel in the luxury of sleeping in.

The main hotel door opened and then slammed shut. Bobbi could hear Alex's powerful voice sound off, surely awakening all occupants of the common room. She asked a question but seemed to be met with silence as Bobbi heard no response through her half dazed state.

Bobbi's suspicion of what the question was was affirmed when she could hear Alex's strong stride cross the common room and head for the set of rooms opposite Bobbi's own. There was a pounding on the door and then a low gruff reply when the door was opened.

During a quick exchange of words between the deep voice, Alex's strong demands and Alfie's fatherly tone, Bobbi heard all three sets of treads head towards her room. She gripped the blankets tighter and burrowed herself deeper into her bed as she sensed what was coming. But it was more soothing than she anticipated. She did not have Alex storming into her room, throwing back the curtains and shocking her retinas awake.

Instead the door to her room was opened quietly and slowly, the last few words of the conversation floating in as the new comer immediately lowered his voice.

"Just let me wake her up. We don't have anywhere to be just yet. Can we just act like its actually Sunday just once?"

His words were met with mumbles of consent and the door was then shut softly.

Bobbi groaned as the curtains were slowly pulled back and the mid-morning sun shone in all its brilliance into her hotel room. She tried pulling the covers up over her head higher but it seemed she was the deepest she could go.

She heard slow footsteps round her queen size bed and felt a dip in the mattress to her right. After a few moments of no movement, only the sound of slow and rhythmic breathing, Bobbi poked her head up over her covers and glanced over at Theo's figure passed out next to her.

With one of the many pillows tucked underneath him, he had laid his head back down and closed his eyes. Bobbi tried to stifle a laugh and turned onto her side to face him. She gently poked his arm.

"Hmmm." He hummed in reply.

"I thought you were suppose to wake me up." Bobbi said.

"You're awake. I've done my job. Now let me sleep."

His words came out muddled as his face was partially squished into the large feather pillow.

"We really probably get up." Bobbi said again, her voice low so as not to disturb the quiet atmosphere around them.

She rested her hands underneath her head and stared at Theo as he remained motionless. She was content to stay there all day but she could hear the rumblings of life happening outside her door and knew they couldn't.