Chapter 2- Lines

I ended up climbing into my bed after that and started drifting asleep. I closed the small curtain to block the light from the bus. I can't believe I was a bus with five guys that I didn't know. I mean I knew who they were, but for all I knew, they could be some creeps trying to kill me.

I finally fell to sleep after a few hours of contemplating on what these guys were. I truly think they care about me, but I just can't stay with them. I mean there was five guys, well, I guess if you counted to driver, there'd be six. I was the only girl.

I woke up around 3:30 am. I went into the front area of the bus where the kitchen was. I opened the fridge and grabbed a water. I sat at the table. I saw the piece of paper with my drawing from earlier, along with it I saw a pen. Being on this bus alone while everyone else slept scared me. What if they left me?

"Gerard?" I said quietly hoping he'd hear me from where he was sleeping in the back.

Nothing.

"Gerard, please wake up." I said a little louder. I didn't want to go back to the back, I would wake the others, and I didn't want to upset them.

I heard shuffling from the back a few minutes after that. I waited for someone to come out to the kitchen. I wanted to move, but I physically couldn't. I was scared, I put myself into a state of panic.

"Carmen? What are you doing up?" Gerard asked. "Here come on let's go back to bed."

"I can't sleep." I said barely making a sound.

"Aww why? What's on your mind kid?" Gerard said sitting next to me, and pulling me into a hug.

"Nothing really. I just can't sleep. My mind in running at a million miles per second." I said leaning into his chest more. He softly stroked my hair.

"Come on, you can come sleep in my bed tonight." He said picking me up. I loosely hung my arms over his shoulders.

"Goodnight Gerard." I said. "I love you."

"I love you to Carmen, Goodnight."

....

I watched as Carmen slowly drifted off to sleep. It was around four in the morning right now. The other band members were tossing and turning in their bunks as I tried to keep insanely still as I watched this young girl sleep. I was watching her in fear that she would start panicking in her sleep, when I noticed the sleeve of her sweater roll up.

"Oh my god," I whispered, "Carmen why?"

There were lines going all across her wrist, lines I knew all too well. I grabbed her small hand to look at the cuts a little better. Some were newer, but most of the cuts were scars. Carmen is really skinny I thought to myself. She hasn't really ate anything all day either, I'll ask her when she wakes up.

I check my phone: 7:00AM. It has already been three hours.

I slowly moved away from Carmen. I made sure not to wake her as I got out of bed. I walked to the front of the bus to start a pot of coffee for everybody. I looked up in the cupboard where the coffee usually is and gasped.

"Frank, Ray, Mikey, Bob, get your asses out of bed!" I yelled.

I heard loud moans as the rest of the guys got up. Frank came out first, he rubbed his eyes to the point where he looked kind of high. Wait, is he high?

"Jesus Gerard, what's the problem?" Frank said annoyed and tired. I simply pointed towards the tabled. He sat down.

Next came Ray and Mikey. They said nothing, instead they sat at the table with their heads down.