Chapter 13: Deadly Virus

3 months later (Leena's POV)

It's been two months since Optimus and I announced that we were expecting our first sparkling to everyone. It's also been two months since I was barely showing a bump. Now I'm seven and a half months pregnant with mine and Optimus's first sparkling and I was already showing a baby bump. We also found out that the sparkling is going to be a little femme autobot and Optimus, myself and the other autobots and humans were very excited to welcome her into the world and to the team. However, this pregnancy wasn't easy at first. During the first few weeks of the pregnancy, I was sick. I did not feel so good at all and I just laid there in our berth and got plenty of rest and enough energon to consume into my body. Optimus even stayed at my side most of the time and he would always rub my helm, my back strut and my faceplate. That would always make me feel better. Now I'm feeling one hundred percent better but the sparkling would not stop moving and kicking. One night, while we were all recharging, I felt the sparkling kick again. I placed my left servo on my stomach, laughed softly and said,"Feisty little one aren't you?" I then looked at my red and blue bondmate and smiled. He was just in a very peaceful recharge and he had his arm wrapped around me and his servo was resting on my big baby bump. "Goodnight Optimus. I love you," I whispered and then I went back into a deep and peaceful recharge.

The next morning:

I woke up the next morning in Optimus's arms and we both began to move slowly and I felt him kiss the back of my helm. I rolled over to my left side to face him and I smiled at him. He smiled back. "Good morning my lovely femme," he said softly and we kissed each other and put our helms together. "Good morning my handsome mech? Recharged well?" I asked him. "Yes I did. How about you?" he asked me. I sighed and said,"Despite having to deal with our little bundle of joy moving around a lot, I did pretty good thanks for asking." "You're welcome," he responded. "Optimus, Leena, I need you and everyone else to come to the main hangar immediately," said Ratchet over Optimus's comm link. "Understood," said Optimus and we all got out of our rooms and made our way to the main hangar. "What's going on? Cons?" said Arcee. "What's going on you guys?" asked Smokescreen. "There any cons that we need to scrap?" said Bulkhead as he punched his fists together. "Is that what's happening right now?" beeped Bumblebee. "No. But Ratchet was able to pinpoint the location of their warship," said Jeremy. We all looked at Ratchet and Optimus said,"How did you penetrate their cloaking technology?" "I didn't. I was just able to pinpoint their location. They also seemed to be using some kind of electro magnetic breach," said Ratchet. "With Megatron deceased, any element of surprise?" said Arcee. I also forgot to mention that after we fought against Megatron and the decepticons, Megatron was destroyed in an explosion of a space bridge that was suppose to bring what Miko and I call zombie cons back from the dead. Yes, Megatron was dead........at least that's what we thought. "We could cause some serious damage," said Bulkhead. "That is actually true," said Smokescreen. Then we saw a picture of an autobot ship which was sending an autobot emergency beacon. "The decepticons can wait. There may be autobots in distress," said Optimus. Then he looked at Ratchet and said,"Ratchet, bring your medical kit." Ratchet nodded his helm, grabbed his medical kit and activated the ground bridge. Before Optimus and Ratchet went through the ground bridge, I wrapped my servo around Optimus's and he looked at me. He saw the worried look on my face and I said,"Be careful." "We will my love," he said and we kissed each other and he and Ratchet walked through the ground bridge.

30 minutes later:

I began to worry. I was pacing back and forth in the main hangar and I was breathing heavily, worrying about both of the mechs especially my mate Optimus. "Leena, calm down. They'll both make it back safely. They will," said Arcee. I looked at her and smiled. "RATCHET TO BASE! BRIDGE US BACK IMMEDIATELY! BULKHEAD, WE NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE NOW!" Ratchet shouted through the comm link. "I'm on it," said Bulkhead and Arcee activated the ground bridge and he went through it. A few minutes later, we saw Ratchet and Bulkhead helping a sick looking Optimus walk through the ground bridge. Tears just starting flowing from my optics when I saw my mate in the horrible condition that he was in. They gently laid him down on the med berth and I rushed over to Optimus's right side and held onto his servo. He had some kind of sickness that was spreading around his right optic. "Oh Optimus," I choked out through my tears. He groaned, shifted weakly and looked up at me. "Lee...na," he rasped. "Shhhhh. I'm here my love. I'm here," I said to him and I kissed his forehelm. Then I saw Ratchet with a medical device in his servo and had it hovering over Optimus. "Ratchet, what's wrong with him? What happened?" I asked him. Ratchet sighed, shook his helm and said,"Cybonic Plague." "Cybo-what? What is that?" I asked him. "It's a virus that only spreads when it comes in contact with the infected energon," he replied. "What was a plague doing in an autobot spaceship?" asked Miko. "Its passengers were infected. The virus wiped out millions on Cybertron during the Great War," said Arcee. "Cybonic Plague was created in the decepticon biological war fare program by Megatron HIMSELF," said Ratchet. "Do you have a cure for Optimus?" I asked him. "You do have a cure don't you?" said Rafael. We then heard Optimus groan and said with a strain in his voice,"No....cure." "Shhhhh. Just rest Optimus. You'll be fine," I whispered to him. "Optimus please. Save your strength," said Ratchet. "Would Megatron create a disease without having a cure? I mean what if he caught it by accident?" said Jack. "It's not like we can ask Megatron Jack," said Bulkhead. "Yeah. Bucket Head is now pushing up lug nuts," said Smokescreen. "But there might be a way to get access into the decepticon database. Also, we still have a fix on their location," said Ratchet. Arcee looked up at Bumblebee and said,"Bumblebee, come with," and Ratchet activated the ground bridge. I looked up at the two bots and said,"Arcee, Bumblebee, please hurry." I then laid my optics on my very ill mate Optimus who was for now sleeping. They both nodded their helms and went through the ground bridge. I continued to look at Optimus, laid my helm on his arm and began to cry my optics out. I then felt a servo on my back strut and looked up to see Ratchet. "Don't worry Leena. We will find the cure. I promise," he said to me. I smiled weakly at him and then turned my attention back to Optimus. "Don't leave me please," I whispered and I placed my right servo on his left cheek and I kissed his forehelm.

A few minutes later:

Optimus looked at Ratchet and said,"Ratchet, were....you-" "Infected? No," said Ratchet. Optimus groaned and rested his helm on the berth. He then looked at me and said weakly,"Leena." I then began to rub his helm and said,"Shhh. Shhh. It's ok Optimus. It's ok. Shhhh." Optimus then wrapped his servo around mine and he placed it on his chassis. "I love you Leena," he said in a weak voice. I cried silently and whispered,"I love you too," and I kissed his forehelm again and placed my helm against his, sending him waves of love and comfort. Optimus smiled weakly at me and then closed his optics and continued to rest some more. I then continued to rub his helm and started to sing softly to him.

(Song: "I see You" by Leona Lewis)

Aleena (singing): I see you
I see you
Walking through a dream
I see you
My light in darkness breathing hope of new life
Now I live through you and you through me
Enchanting
I pray in my heart that this dream never ends
I see me through your eyes
Living through life flying high
Your love shines the way into paradise
So I offer my life as a sacrifice
I live through your love

After I was done singing, I kissed Optimus's forehelm and laid my helm on his chassis and felt it slowly rise and fall. My optics began to fill up with tears and I cried silently. Reason why was because I was afraid that the Cybonic plague would take away the mech that I love. I then suddenly felt tired and relaxed and Smokescreen's body, Bulkhead's body, Ratchet's body and our human friend's' bodies were becoming nothing but big blurs. Then I drifted off into a recharge.
........................................

"Leena. Leena." I felt someone shake my body and I woke up to see Smokescreen standing next to me. "What's going on?" I asked him. "Arcee and Bumblebee have returned back to the base with the cure for the virus. Ratchet's making it right now. He should be done in a few minutes," said Smokescreen. I sighed in relief and then we saw Ratchet return with the formula and then he injected it into Optimus's arm. Then, we all waited to see what would happen next. "Optimus?" I whispered. He groaned weakly and then he opened his optics and looked around before laying them on me. He smiled weakly and said,"Leena. My beautiful Leena." "Optimus," I cried out and he sat up and pulled me in for a hug. Then we kissed each other passionately and looked at each other. "Thank you," he said. I smiled and said,"You're welcome. I love you." "I love you too Leena," said Optimus and we kissed each other.