Chapter 20: Wedding Ceremony (Part 2)

Aleena's POV:

I walked through the ground bridge and heard a version of "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri (video above) playing through the speakers and I saw all of our family and friends there looking at me and smiling at me. Then I looked up and saw Optimus standing at the altar and we smiled at each other. I started to walk down the aisle towards him and I saw him breaking down into tears of joy and so did I. I stopped halfway down the aisle and Optimus walked up to me and I said,"Hello." "Hello my lovely femme. You look beautiful," said Optimus. "Thank you. You look handsome," I said to him. He chuckled and said,"Thank you," and I wrapped my arm around his and we made our way to the altar. I gave my bouquet of flowers to Arcee and Optimus and I held servos and looked at each other and smiled. "Please be seated," said our medic and officiant Ratchet and all of our family and other friends sat in their seats. "Welcome family and friends to the union of Optimus Prime and Aleena, aka Emily Alves. Today we get to witness two sparks become one. Me and the other members of Team Prime have had the privilege of getting to know these two and forming great friendships with them. For years, we've also got to witness these two become our favorite couple. Now all of us get to witness these two become what we call sparkmates. In human terms, husband and wife. Optimus and Aleena, I am now going to ask each one of you these questions," said Ratchet. He first looked at Optimus and said,"Optimus, do you take Aleena to be your wife? Do you promise to love her, honor her, care for her, protect her, support her and to be there for her in sickness and in health and through the good times and bad for as long as you both shall live?" Optimus looked at me and smiled and said,"I do." Ratchet looked at me and said,"Aleena, do you take Optimus to be your husband? Do you promise to love him, honor him, care for him, protect him, support him and to be there for him in sickness and in health and through the good times and bad for as long as you both shall live?" I looked at Optimus and said,"I absolutely do." "May I please have the rings?" said Ratchet and Bumblebee and Arcee gave Ratchet the wedding rings and he gave my wedding band to Optimus. "Optimus, repeat after me and then place the ring on Aleena's finger," said Ratchet and Optimus nodded his helm.

R: I, Optimus Prime.

OP: I, Optimus Prime.

R: Take you Aleena.

OP: Take you Aleena.

R: To be my wife.

OP: To be my wife.

R: To have and to hold from this day forward.

OP: To have and to hold (takes a deep breath) from this day forward.

Tears started running down his faceplate.

R: For better, for worse.

Optimus started crying again and said,"My apologies. I'm so sorry." "It's ok Optimus. It's alright," said Ratchet. "It's alright honey. It's alright," I said to him and I wiped his tears away with my digits. Optimus took a deep breath and whispered,"Ok," and cleared his throat. "I'm sorry Ratchet. What'd you say?" asked Optimus.

R: For better, for worse.

OP: For better, for worse.

R: For richer, for poorer.

OP: For richer, for poorer.

R: In sickness and in health.

OP: In sickness and in health.

R: To love and to cherish.

OP: To love and to cherish.

R: 'Till death do us part.

OP: 'Till death do us part.

R: With this ring, I thee wed.

OP: With this ring, I thee wed.

Then Optimus placed the ring on my left ring digit. Ratchet gave me Optimus's ring and said,"Aleena, repeat after me and then place the ring on Optimus's finger."

R: I, Aleena.

A: I, Aleena.

R: Take you Optimus Prime.

A: Take you Optimus Prime.

R: To be my husband.

A: To be my husband.

R: To have and to hold.

A: To have and to hold.

R: From this day forward.

A (with a bit of crack because I was crying): From this day forward.

R: For better, for worse.

A: For better, for worse.

R: For richer, for poorer.

A: For richer, for poorer.

R: In sickness and in health.

A: In sickness and in health.

R: To love and to cherish.

A: To love and to cherish.

R: 'Till death do us part.

A: 'Till death do us part.

R: With this ring, I thee wed.

A: With this ring, I thee wed.

Then I placed the ring on Optimus's left digit. "Perfect fit," said Optimus. "Yay," I said cheerfully and we all laughed and Optimus and I held servos and looked at each other while smiling. "Optimus and Amara, now that you have said your vows to one another, exchanged rings and have made your promises to each other in front of everyone here today, it gives me great pleasure to finally pronounce you husband and wife. Optimus, this is the moment you've been waiting for. You may now kiss your bride," said Ratchet. "Yay," I said and Optimus smiled, cupped my faceplate in his servos and kissed me passionately. I gave into the kiss immediately and wrapped arms around his neck cables. Everyone cheered with happiness and we stopped kissing and hugged each other. "I love you," Optimus whispered. "I love you too," I whispered to him. Then we looked at each other and I gave him a peck on the lips. Arcee then gave me my bouquet of flowers and then Myrina ran up to us and I picked her up. Optimus and I both planted kisses on Myrina's cheeks. "Love you Mommy and Daddy," said Myrina and she gave us both a kiss on the cheek. We heard everyone say,"Awwwww," when she gave us a kiss. "We love you too Myrina," Optimus and I said in unison. "Now ladies, gentlemen, femmes and mechs, it is my great pleasure to finally give you for the first time Mr. and Mrs. Optimus Prime," said Ratchet and everyone cheered and then we all left the ceremony space.